Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

ever since Jacqui brough the skyline she has been on about having the proper dump valve sound, so after finally getting fed up of listening to her complain about it I brought her a blitz BOV for christmas, and fitted it a couple of weeks ago.

fitted in place of the standard valve it just caught the sound proofing on the underside of the bonnet, which was not good. So I spotted a blitz pipe with flange to fit it properly on ebay and got it for a bargin.

now I thought it replaced the pipe that goes across the top of the engine, but no, it replaces the pipe that goes down to the intercooler under the airbox.

so took it all to pieces on saturday and got the pipe fitted, came to put the airbox back in and it won't fit! The blitz pipe is different enough to stop it from fitting back in, so I had to take off the induction kit from my car and fit it to hers.....

and because I had the bonnet up she asked why I wasn't fitting the boost controller at the same time (another christmas pressie) by this time it was dark so I promised to get that done on sunday.

so I spent sunday afternoon fitting the blitz SSBC boost controller, got it all done eventually and off we went to set it up - only I couldn't drive fast or acelerate agressivly because she dosen't like it (when I'm driving :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

But what I did manage to find out that the boost controller is not working correctly, on low boost setting no matter how far you turn the dial you don't get more than 5psi boost and on the hi boost setting the most boost it generated was 9psi and that trailed off quite quickly.

by this time it was getting dark again and starting o rain so we had to leave it there (I just turned both dials back to minimum)

so this weekend that I was supposed to be working on making a new bumper for my car before it gets resprayed I spent working on hers - and she got my lovely induction kit...........

Simon

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The boost controller I fitted is a Blitz SSBC and has a solenoid like the one in the following picture

now if you look at the solenoid it has three connections for pipes, in all of the instructions that I can find it only mentions using two of them.

The metal one on the bottom of the solenoid, this is connected to the inlet pipe beofre the throttle body.

and the bottom plastic one, this is connected to the wastegate actuator.

is this right??? does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong with the controller?

Simon

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
Hey, at least you're girlfriend is into this stuff :) My ex would have given me disapproving looks even if I'd bought Japanese Performance... :rolleyes:

Sorry, can't help as i've not touched this stuff before. I take it that you were getting full boost before the BOV was installed (just to rule that out)?

Let us know what it was as you've got me interested in the pipework now.

·
has a large tool
1,467 Posts
yeah frinished with my ex for the car!!! come on who wouldnt finish with there bird for the car!!!!
or is it just me???

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes it was all okay before I fitted it. it's not to much of a problem to put it back - but I don't want too. going from my car to hers is to just to painful :)

Simon

·
Registered
953 Posts
ha dont ask i bought mine as gift to myself when split with ex
and wife to be only likes it on track

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Went to the Portsmouth meet with my gf yesterday. She says the acceleration makes her feel sick :apuke: and it's too noisy.....:rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
sco-j said:
women, cant live with them, cant live without them:aka47:
Can't shoot 'em either (legally anyway) :rolleyes: :D
The girlfriend actually likes going fast in my car.....lucky really as she gets bugger all choice in the matter. :D Isn't keen on the amount of attention it gets though :confused:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Ref boost controller.....

One pipe to plenum/inlet manifold.

Other 2.... Take the hose from the turbo compressor housing to the actuator, cut it, and one end on one pipe, one end on other (the solenoid needs to be receiving the pressure from the compressor that normally goes to the actuator, so it can foole the actuator via the other pipe, and give you higher boost.)

Check for pressure leaks.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
My skyline doesnt mind if I have another skyline :D

·
Hello thankyou please
293 Posts
Fizzy said:
Went to the Portsmouth meet with my gf yesterday. She says the acceleration makes her feel sick :apuke: and it's too noisy.....:rolleyes:
Sue (my missus) loves going fast and "all those funny noises the exhaust makes":) but only if she's driving.:mad:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Me & my missus are going thru a rough time @ the mo, so I thought I'd better buy one while I can afford it ( or the bank can anyway:) )
Probably have to sell it in a few months, but hey what the hell, you only live once :p

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mt girlfriend - insisted I buy the skyline when we went to see it - nearly 2 years ago.
She's secretly hankering for a Z car - especially the supercharged one Middlehurst has

Her 13 year old daughter has just realised the street cred she can get when dropped off in it !!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts