Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Forum Gypo
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Well my baby has officialy gone into hibernation, (winterschlaf) and when she comes back out in the spring, I hope she will be bearing a shiny, new, German number plate. I would kind of like to leave her on a UK number plate but when I consider the logistics of it, MOT, insurance etc, it would be time consuming and expensive.
I have allready searched previous threads and found a company who will do the complete conversion and TÜV runaround for quite a pretty wedge, it sounds alot but when your self employed, time is money and doing the TÜV runaround would cost me alot of it.
I have a little bit of an idea of what has too be done to make her TÜV friendly but don't have the full picture and would be grateful for any help and advise for a "D.I.Y" job? Would I be saving money this way or just wasting my time? Its a difficult equation if you get my drift!!!!!

At the minute she's running a cat back as is usually the norm in the UK and the cat is being opened up to fit the 3" s/s exaust wich I will need for the TÜV. What is the norm in Germany, cat-back or cat, or maybe a bit of both!
If a cat is the norm, would it be worth investing in a sports cat? I was looking around on fleabay and found a few sports cats at fairly reasonable prices. Any expieriences or advise on sports cats would also be welcome?

Thanks and happy:drivin:

·
Administrator
25,957 Posts
pm rixxiv on here mate as he is your germany area rep and will point you in the correct direction :)

·
Forum Gypo
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PM sent!

·
Forum Gypo
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump!!! Don't seem to be having much luck here lads.:attention:

I also need to get the build-year certified from Nissan as this is different from the registration year, will my nearest Nissan dealer do this for me or will I have to apply to Nissan Germany/Japan for it. Any links , numbers, adresses or expieriences would be of great help.
CHEERS TONY:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts