Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in need of some help please! I've got a really annoying knocking noise coming from the rear of my R33 GTR and I cant figure out what the hell it is!
Today i took the rear seats and parcel shelf out, spare wheel, jack and anything else loose... still the same only louder without the seats quietening things down. I have had it on a ramp and jacked the wheels up and checked for play in the suspension and cant find a thing. :swear:
I was convinced it was the O/S rear shocker so i took that off to check it and all looked fine so put it back on and the noise is still there!!! :(
This is driving me mad please help!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm in need of some help please! I've got a really annoying knocking noise coming from the rear of my R33 GTR and I cant figure out what the hell it is!
Today i took the rear seats and parcel shelf out, spare wheel, jack and anything else loose... still the same only louder without the seats quietening things down. I have had it on a ramp and jacked the wheels up and checked for play in the suspension and cant find a thing. :swear:
I was convinced it was the O/S rear shocker so i took that off to check it and all looked fine so put it back on and the noise is still there!!! :(
This is driving me mad please help!!
you need to take the spring out of the strut then put between you feet and pull the shaft up and down,but first check your a.r.b bushes and links

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. I have had the spring off and the shock seemed ok to me and I cant find anything obvious on the ARB or the links... there is something I'm missing I just cant figure it out!

·
Registered
199 Posts
somtimes these thing are hard to sort have you tried putting a lever bar in all your joints and bushes, get somone to tug on your wheel while you look with lamp but id still say shockabsorber if its a heavy almost metal on metal knock and tbh if youve gone over your bushes and joint and there ok its the only thing left

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.