Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watched Godzilla last night and can see why it has such mixed reviews.

The director has filmed it with Alien and Jaws in mind where you dont really see much of the monster..

For me personally this made the film very very boring..

2 hour build up for about an 8 minute fight scene at the end.

2 star film for me and not worth the trip to the cinema :(

·
Seasoned Member
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Better or worse than the last Godzilla effort?
This was more frustrating as Godzilla looked amazing and you wanted to see him fight and trash stuff.

The problem I found was back in the days of Jaws and Aliens, not seeing the monster was ok as you had no expectations and when you did see it, you got the WOW factor.

one hour and 20 mins into the film he had still not done anything except swim around. !!!

·
Seasoned Member
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was gonna go tonight but that's put me off
Well 5 of us went..

2 thought it was ok, one loved it and 2 hated it..

You might enjoy it.. But like me you will be begging for more godzilla as the tiny bit you do see is amazing... question is can you sit there for over an hour watching the army guys run around to get to the awesome bit.

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
Hope its better than the first one...... I fell asleep, much to my daughters disgust, she still winds me up about it.

·
Bounty Hunter
6,173 Posts
Just got back from seeing Godzilla too. Dan, it's not as bad as you're making out, and if the film just ended up being a monster mash-up all the way through, then it would have ended the same way as Man Of Steel - a video game battle.

Godzilla 2014 is better than the last one in terms of story (great homage to the originals atomic bomb based creation) and visual effects, but probably just as weak on the casting.

Again, I would say this film is frustrating because of the excellent trailers, and the film doesn't really live up to them. Also, I'm not sure if the film really knows if it's trying to have a B-Movie based theme running through it, or trying to be more grounded in reality.

I would say go and see it, but don't have huge expectations.

7.5 out of 10

* Does the 2014 Godzilla need to go on a diet?

·
782 Posts
Ended up watching it cos nothing else appealed to me at that time

What a wierd film..... Not bad- definitely not good.... Just wierd.....

·
Seasoned Member
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got back from seeing Godzilla too. Dan, it's not as bad as you're making out, and if the film just ended up being a monster mash-up all the way through, then it would have ended the same way as Man Of Steel - a video game battle.

Godzilla 2014 is better than the last one in terms of story (great homage to the originals atomic bomb based creation) and visual effects, but probably just as weak on the casting.

Again, I would say this film is frustrating because of the excellent trailers, and the film doesn't really live up to them. Also, I'm not sure if the film really knows if it's trying to have a B-Movie based theme running through it, or trying to be more grounded in reality.

I would say go and see it, but don't have huge expectations.

7.5 out of 10

* Does the 2014 Godzilla need to go on a diet?
I think you will either love it or hate it..

Really enjoyed the 8 minutes of actual fighting lol :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts