Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every few months we organise a team do at work and have a laugh.

The team is made up of men and women, 25 - 55, so it's difficult to cater for everyones tastes.

Every time it's like getting blood out of a stone, trying to get everyone to agree on one thing, but in the past we've done karting a few times, been to see a comedy show, been bowling, to the cinema, out on the lash and we always come away with stories and have a good crack.

But orgnising it is such a ballache. Asking people for suggestions, and it always comes back "lets just go for a meal!"

Arrrrggghhh! You have 3 meals a day, we spend all day every day conversing with each other, how is that something interesting to do??!?! At what stage in life does 'going for a meal' become an exciting proposition??!

My suggestion - clay pigeon shooting. Same sort of money, but there's guns involved.

Frustration vented. Rage subsiding.

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Lol, ive had the same at my place, when i organise things. It always happens, no matter what you do someone always moans, but i find these are the ones who have no suggestions :) just organise for the majority,if the moaners dont like it, they dont have to go or they can organise it themselves :). We did clay pigeon shooting once was a good day out, then ended up at the pub after for a few bevvies and the pub put sannies and chips on for us :) winner all round :)

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
benn clay pigeon shooting once....damn my shoulder hurt :rofl:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
benn clay pigeon shooting once....damn my shoulder hurt :rofl:
lol I was disappointed with the noise. Hollywood and computer games had lead me to believe when you pulled the trigger there was a slow motion fireball come out of the barrel and a thunder clap you could hear 20 miles away, but it was more like a puff of smoke and the crack of a heavy branch snapping!

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
lol I was disappointed with the noise. Hollywood and computer games had lead me to believe when you pulled the trigger there was a slow motion fireball come out of the barrel and a thunder clap you could hear 20 miles away, but it was more like a puff of smoke and the crack of a heavy branch snapping!
in my case the snap was my shoulder nearly :rofl:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts