Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
.......P33 TEX.........
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im happy with my car again! the turbo was broken or so i thought, so replaced that along with a new turbo elbow and downpipe curtesy of Japspeed, Got my new shiny pipe on it now, thought you might like a look!

Wasnt boosting properly cos of an air leak after i fitted the turbo,just took it out scared myself! so much so i blew off one of the intercooler pipes!

I'm goin to RSP on friday, what power do you reckon, im having the boost controller set up properly..

Mods are as follows:-

HKS air filter
Blitz bov
Full 3" Zigen exhaust
Decat
3" elbow and downpipe
Blitz SBC id3 boost controller

·
.......P33 TEX.........
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not yet! A new front mount and a new fuel pump is on the list!!

Im saving up for new ecu at the mo, was goin to get the stage one, but going to get the whole thing instead.

Just want to check its running ok and see what power it will be running on each channel for the boost controller.

·
.......P33 TEX.........
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeh thats pretty spot on to my guess really, i was thinking 280. My last Skyline had the same mods minus the downpipe and elbow but did have the fmic and fuel pump and hit 317bhp! id like 300 but dont think that will happen.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I had mine mapped with all the mods for stage one and only made 299 when i got it as the FMIC which was fitted was shite and was not holding the pressure well. So i replaced it and it did feel like it boosted better but never did get it dyno'd again.

So theres so many little things which can affect it as i was hoping to get 320-330 at the time

·
.......P33 TEX.........
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i hope Big Chief is right! the engine has only done just 50k! so its still nice and tight. Just had a maybe service so looking good so far,

Might get them to check the turbo is ok when i get down there, bit worried that the oil feed might be blocked or something, slight funny smell coming from there, could be the new downpipe.

·
.......P33 TEX.........
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, i'm thinking 288 now, thats my guess, im taking Fingers down with me too, he has my old one, he has a new downpipe and elbow to go on too which i need to fit by friday!!
Be good to see what that pushs out now, Richard reckoned last time that my old one had been mapped as the graph seemed quite smooth, We shall see!

:D:D:D

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
I got 273 without FMIC \ boost controller, so I'd got for 295-305 as long as boost controller is setup a-ok and engine is fine

·
Ex R33 Owner
1,238 Posts
My GTST made 290bhp with just a filter, decat and cat back exhaust system. If your engine is strong and heatlhy, you should be around the same. But as Wolf said, each engine is different

·
.......P33 TEX.........
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Right, i said i'd let you know how i did!

Been to RSP today to get the car rolling road and boost controller set up. Didnt get the figure i wanted but at least i know its running safely know, so i can get a bit heavy footed at times and not worry.

Hit 271 i think at 0.75, Richard turned it up to 0.85 and it actually went down in horsepower!!

New turbo and ecu coming up!!

Cheers Richard and Damo for looking after my car, wil see you guys soon,hopefully.

:dogpile:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts