Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im starting to think my car dont like dump valves ( bov) i had i blitz bov fitted to the car when i bought it and it never worked right and kept droping off boost so i sold it and just had the standard dv , i got the car to run fine was holding boost and flying ! now ive fitted a hks ssqv and it sounds wicked but ive lost some power at the high end of the rev range it seems to not have the same kick at high revs as it had before ?? i have noticed that if i keep it reving upto redline the last 1000 revs it picks up again and all the power is back ???
do you need to reset the ecu after fitting a dump valve ?? i didnt think you did ?
its not leaking ive checked all the gaskets and vac pipes are fine on and around it
i have adjusted the dump valve itself and that dont work , the screw is now turned right in now is that right ? as i thought it could be opening and coursing the prob :notworthy
anyone had any probs like this after fitting a dumpvalve

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
never had a problem on my skyline with them, but if it leaks you will lose boost/power

·
Registered
127 Posts
There have been loads of threads associated with this problem i think, try using the search facility. I seem to recall someone posting a thread on the differences between the two main types, how to fit and compensate etc....

·
Registered
704 Posts
you have a vent to air dump valve. The ECU thinks you have a recirc DV which sends the air back around the system. When you come off boost the ECu is expecting a sh1t load of air to come through so adds fuel to compensate, unfortunately your air disappeared into the air so you are over fueling and running badly. Some cars react worse than others. Personally I would stick with the standard recric valve it's perfectly OK.

·
Registered
285 Posts
what boost pressure do you run ?

most BOV's need a stronger spring when at 1.2bar or higher - HKS dealers sell them prettry cheap, you will prob find that its leaking slightly under full boost

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i only run .5 lol

i think i have a boost prob i have posted it up im removing the ssqv and seeing what it runs like then sort the boost out etc and start from fresh :gay:

what boost pressure do you run ?

most BOV's need a stronger spring when at 1.2bar or higher - HKS dealers sell them prettry cheap, you will prob find that its leaking slightly under full boost

1 - 7 of 7 Posts