Skyline Owners Forum banner

Good dSLR resource on the web

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  venables 
#1 ·
Have bought my wife a dSLR camera for xmas and been reading up on them - nifty pieces of kit but complex if you want to get the most out of them

Is there anywhere on the web (i.e. free) that using layman terms explains all the terminology (prime lenses \ focal length \ ISO etc etc) as I can see myself getting into photogrpahy more as we have a decent camera now

#3 ·
If you have The Works bookshop near you have a look in there, they have some very good photography books that will give you all the basics.

#4 ·
The first book I got was great. It's available on eBay and Amazon. It's called the rules of photography and when to break them. Explains just about all you need. Only other advice is to get out and experiment as much as you can. You will take a lot of bad photos before you take a good one. I was told that when I started and it's true lol

#6 ·
Have a look at the Digital Photography School (http://digital-photography-school.com/).

Some of it is fairly basic but there are some good tutorials on there and it's all free. They'll send out an email every week if you want with tips on it, plus they do some offers on eBooks for different subjects every now and again

Kev

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.