Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, blokes in japan they got this N1 RB26 block , manufacturer bored out to 2.8 litres but i got an rb25det, just wanna swap my block with that are there any chance of that?..sorry moderators i am in need of good advice so i might re-post it in couple of threads. oh yeah what head gasket will i be using if i ever do that?

if do-able will get strokers, forged pistons, crankshaft too..to make it spin and rev faster.

T

·
0 Posts
You want to bore out a 25det to a 2.8? Why not save your money, time, hassle and headache waiting on parts and just invest in an RB26?

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
you cant just bore out a RB26 to a 2.8.

You have to use a longer stroke or block / head spacer. So that block your on about cant be a 2.8 without teh other bits that go with it, it is just a 2.6 block.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a nismo block,,,need something else? my engine does need some refurbishing its 117000 on the clock. plus i also took carbon fiber rocker covers for the engine and ordered hoses and exhaust. some greddy intake manifold, tomei camshafts and an intercooler.i do want to spend some more to stand out in crowd?..to make everyone look like a slow talkative fool..thats why we are all here arent we?

T

·
0 Posts
you cant just bore out a RB26 to a 2.8.

You have to use a longer stroke or block / head spacer. So that block your on about cant be a 2.8 without teh other bits that go with it, it is just a 2.6 block.
Matt, Read what he's saying. He wants to do that to a 25det.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well these saudis have some seriously ****ed up engines for sale...all 26 but i dont trust these poeple. i know how i have treated mine.

·
3,402 Posts
Maybe I read it wrong but are you saying that you want to join/"mate" a rb25 head onto a stroked rb26/8 block? I'd imagine you could if you had lots of monies but surely it would be 10 time better and faster just to use a rb26 head?

But I am only a noob at these rb's (and a part of me wants to keep it that way lol)

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Matt, Read what he's saying. He wants to do that to a 25det.

I read it that he wants to put a 25 head on a 26 block. ? (Pointless as you would simply use a 26 head)

He also says the 26 block or lets say 25 block as there pretty much the same is bored out to a 2.8. Well you cant bore out either block to a 2.8 !

You get what im saying cheif?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
It's a waste of time. If you're investing in a new bottom end then get it built to spec. Capacity doesn't automatically mean power. The RB26 can make more power than an RB28 or even 30. It revs quicker with less rotating mass. Build a proper engine and don't buy something because it's got N1 on it and you want to be able to tell everyone it's an N1 block.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
It's a waste of time. If you're investing in a new bottom end then get it built to spec. Capacity doesn't automatically mean power. The RB26 can make more power than an RB28 or even 30. It revs quicker with less rotating mass. Build a proper engine and don't buy something because it's got N1 on it and you want to be able to tell everyone it's an N1 block.

No mate, cc's mean torque and increased airflow = more power also.

If comparing same spec v cc then then the 2.8 beats the 2.6 and the 3.0 tops them all.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Capacity doesn't automatically mean power. Longer stroke = Slower revving Engine. I'd rather have a revvy engine that I can use rather than a loping stroked RB28 with a head spacer that is ultimately less reliable. This guy wants to 'just swap the blocks' I don't think he'll be the kind of person to build a big spec RB28. Just wants to be different for the sake of it as far as I can see. I could be completely off the mark but Ive been on a few forums and I know what this thread is going to achieve. Don't mean to argue with you mate.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok i am a big stupid, just tell me i can at least fit my rb25 cam and plug cover from an rb25det onto an rb26dett since i got em carbon fiber from knight racer..and oh i also paid advance to boost junkies 450 pound all surround hoses for rb25det..the way you guys speak feels like i better drop the plan..or else our entire community is gonna say that i am a big cock! somebody gonna give me their s3 gtr headlights with xenons on em? oh i need relays that have nissan sticker on em. thats what the fker police here wants to see or else i get a traffic fine .

·
Registered
34 Posts
Capacity doesn't automatically mean power. Longer stroke = Slower revving Engine. I'd rather have a revvy engine that I can use rather than a loping stroked RB28 with a head spacer that is ultimately less reliable. This guy wants to 'just swap the blocks' I don't think he'll be the kind of person to build a big spec RB28. Just wants to be different for the sake of it as far as I can see. I could be completely off the mark but Ive been on a few forums and I know what this thread is going to achieve. Don't mean to argue with you mate.
Well said that man.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
No mate, cc's mean torque and increased airflow = more power also.

If comparing same spec v cc then then the 2.8 beats the 2.6 and the 3.0 tops them all.
Rb30 beats them all

Ha ha ha ha ha

It's ****

That's why Holden have it

It's only good after it's been re engineered

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
if its just the rb26 block you have been offered, it will cost alot of money to get custom pistons,rods, cranks etc etc - also dont think the head is a straight bolt on job.

i would just rebuild the rb25 engine with stronger internals.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
dude your totally wrong on the whole rb26 is better than a 28 or even 30. its down to who builds it etc etc as to if its reliable or not. got nothing to do with the cc size. just look at ripz rb30 that they blew recently. its been running over 1300bhp for years on a vurtually stock bottom end and only blew due to the oil being to cold when they gave it hell.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I never said the RB26 was better than the RB28/30. Of coarse a fully built RB28/30 is going to make more power than a fully built RB26. The point I was making was in relation to the O.P and how best this guy could move forward. If you had a budget and had to build either a fully prepped RB26 or a 3/4 Prepped RB30 which would you choose? I would prefer the RB26 myself but that's just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts