Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

Just got my 93 R32 GTS-t. Really enjoying it too! I have a little bother with the clutch engaging/disengaging. I have a feeling its a cable or at most the cylinder.

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic around cork to do this kind of work?

·
Seasoned member
2,096 Posts
good mechanic

this is a problem...buying high spec jap cars...only a handful of people know them back to front and unfort i dont of anyone in cork....
BUt...kevin o leary Nissan dealer on the south douglas road have a mechanic working for them...english bloke who worked on skylines in the UK...i spoke to him recently about something about my own R33
just go to the service counter and explain ...they are a hwlpful bunch
let me know how you get on

cheers
kieran

·
Registered
311 Posts
As far as i know its a hydraulic clutch in the skyline(I may be wrong) There's a place in Douglas mills. I think its Murphy's garage. Its in around the back anyway. There's a mechanic working there named loyd and he's supposed to be a good man with the spanners. He's driving a skyline with nearly 600 bhp if what i hear is correct.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sounds like a slave cylinder problem to me. If it's leaking fluid it has prob got air into the system and your not getting full travel when you press the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Don't know if its Lloyd that found out all the parts that I need for my skyline or so but the kevin o leary garage on south douglas road gave me at least a quote.
First quote from Windsor motorworld in Cork I got was 16000 then they refused to do it even if I got the parts for them... that took about a week to find out.

The K O garage got the estimate (10000 euro) written up for me in less than 1 day :)
Really nice, very surprised, and they could actually tell me what parts needs to be replaced/repaired.

Now it hasn't been repaired yet so I can't say if the service is good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.