Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The good news is that there is b*gger all wrong with my transmission wooohoooo! :):):bigthumb::D

The bad news is, that means that the problem I have at 3000 revs after changing and re-gapping the plugs, fitting splifire coilpacks and the replacing AFM is still gonna be there :disappointed::confused::wtf:

Bloke who has checked the transmission seems to think it could be the kmh/mph converter? Something about a 5 wire one and a 4 wire one :confused:

Anyone throw any light on this?

·
4,143 Posts
just be carful with the speedo while you do it as i killed mine but i managed to get it working with a new speedo.i can see it causing a misfire though!id be looking more down to the ecu or wiring breakdown

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just be carful with the speedo while you do it as i killed mine but i managed to get it working with a new speedo.i can see it causing a misfire though!id be looking more down to the ecu or wiring breakdown
Yep, think I was a plonker and misdiagnosed as a missfire! Still money spent on plugs, splitfires and AFM can't do any harm! :)

Could well be a trip to Rising Sun after Christmas for the ECU remap......and maybe whilst I'm doing that a FMIC with the money I've saved on the transmission job! :):):)

·
4,143 Posts
splitfires arte always good.at least just a vist richard should know whats wrong.just for say £70 its worth knowing whats going on.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quick update, still without the skyline, they are men on a mission now! Checked the mph converter and all was well, they think they've tracked it down to the boost controller, waiting on the latest news soon!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boost controller it is then! Reconnected to stock and hey presto, problem solved! Not happy as the BC (greddy profec spec b) was installed and set up by an 'Authorised Trader' pretty soon I realised that there was a problem and made another 180mile round trip to them having explained the problem, this time leaving the car for the week........still had the problem when I collected it (unfortunately only noticed it the next day).
Basically it was causing a sort of surging at 3000 revs under steady acceleration, i.e. not foot to the floor and not nice gentle acceleration, yet it wasn't identified and now it's cost me to have it identified and I suppose it'll cost me again to get it sorted!
I'm happy to spend money on the car, but am bloody aggrieved at having to pay for stuff two or three times!
Rant over, get her back on Friday afternoon, sure I'll feel better after a nice gentle drive home!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Boost controller it is then! Reconnected to stock and hey presto, problem solved! Not happy as the BC (greddy profec spec b) was installed and set up by an 'Authorised Trader' pretty soon I realised that there was a problem and made another 180mile round trip to them having explained the problem, this time leaving the car for the week........still had the problem when I collected it (unfortunately only noticed it the next day).
Basically it was causing a sort of surging at 3000 revs under steady acceleration, i.e. not foot to the floor and not nice gentle acceleration, yet it wasn't identified and now it's cost me to have it identified and I suppose it'll cost me again to get it sorted!
I'm happy to spend money on the car, but am bloody aggrieved at having to pay for stuff two or three times!
Rant over, get her back on Friday afternoon, sure I'll feel better after a nice gentle drive home!

You arent the only one to have had problems with your Profec Spec B.

Mine was installed by Dan at DC performance in July... and Richard at Rising Sun found it to be cream crackered last week. Not too happy as it was only 5 months old... but I cant find my warranty certificate either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts