Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Vets told me last night theres nothing more they can do, they said its time, time for her to go to sleep.

I got Saff from the Blue Cross dogs home just over 2 yrs ago aged 11. The breeders had finished making their money off her and didnt want her anymore.

She's never put a paw wrong in all the time ive had her, I live on my own and shes my best friend. We've had some briliant times. Taking her back on Monday is going to rip me to pieces, but its not about me right now i know its what she needs.
Ive got the rest of this weekend to be with her and say my goodbyes. If shes strong enough, im hoping to take her to her favourite spot later by the river where we used to swim in summer.

So for the rest of the weekend, shes getting all the things she's not normally allowed. She's 13 and ive always made sure she ate the right things, plenty of exercise etc..
but since it doesnt matter now its Cadburys giant chocolate buttons, cheesy puffs and milk for the rest of the weekend.

so i guess i justed wanted to pay some sort sort of tribute to the best dog and friend i could have ever had, say thankyou for the time we've had. You are the one thing is this shitty world that ever made me smile Saff..

Sleep easy my friend.. I'll miss you everday, dont forgot to look in on me from time to time, ill be thinking of you baby..

wish i could come with you,
love and miss you
x

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just a such a shock.. i only took that pic 2 weeks ago.. she looks fine but her insides are being eaten away with tumours, cancer and she so anaemic shes no energy any more.

She with me for now so we'll just make it count.

·
London stand up tall
2,440 Posts
Rich,

I love dogs more than I like people, and pretty much most other things actually.... Thats such a shame... People who dont have dogs just cannot comprehend the pain you go through, its literally like losing a family member....
Have you got someone to drive you there and back Rich ?

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
you've given her a good home, and now your doing whats best for her.....enjoy the weekend and dont be sad :)

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Sheesh mate that's just awful for you. That had me in tears reading what you'd written, you're obviously very close to Saff. Like you say, give her the best few days of her life this weekend. Please don't overdo it with the chocolate and milk, though, as you don' t want her feeling uncomfortable.

·
Pist'n'broke
1,014 Posts
Sorry to hear bud, I used to race greyhounds a few years ago and loved them as pets not working dogs. Broke my heart to see them get put down re homed where ever possible.

One thing though its people like you who give the dogs that need it the best years of their lives. She will have a lot to thank you for and I know its not what your thinking right now but do her a favour and go help one off her mates find a nice home as well. :)

Enjoy the weekend sounds like your both going to have a great time be sure to capture it on camera.

S

·
0 Posts
So sorry to hear your sad news... both of our thoughts are with you at this very very sad time.
Mrs & Mrs Spikey Mikey

·
Wolfs Better Half
1,575 Posts
know how you feel, Vet told us our dog only has 1 - 2 yrs left as she has got hip displacement, but since having some teeth removed 6 weeks ago, shes going down hill pretty quick and we dont think she will see this yr out

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
thanks guys..
no im not stuffing her silly with chocolate.. just a few every now n then (she wont really eat lately anyway)
and no im driving her to the vets, then im off to work, prob better than sitting at home feeling sorry for myself.
will take a while im sure until i think about rehoming another.. but im going to pop up to the dogs home before work to give them the food i have and some of the toys..

Mrs Wolf hope she finds a 'second wind' and things turn around for you both

·
female skyline owner
476 Posts
I know just how you feel, dogs are like family.. I had a border collie when i was growing up, she used to love playing with me and my sister when we were kids, in our wendy houses and when i used to get my large "road mat" out so i could play with my toy cars she would lay straight on it lol

Had her when I was about 6-7yrs old she had to be put to sleep for mainly the same reason as your lovely dog when I was 25yrs old.. i fainted in the vets from the shock of it all :( grew up with her and it was one of the worst days of my life.

never forget her even 5yrs on, the house still feels empty :(

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Gutted for you Rich, dogs are as much family members as the humans in our lives :(

·
Registered
559 Posts
Christ man, sorry to hear this! You did an amazing thing taking her in in the first place and im sure she loved spending the time with you as much as you did with her! Sometimes people dont realize how much of a friend a dog can be! Your doing the best thing for her now so dont forget that. Thoughts are with you Rich!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts