Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Tidy looking motor... Welcome to the best place on the web..

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a few weeks away yet, but i,ll keep you posted. anyone know where i can get a c/f bonnet, top secret style if possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice ride.
What sort of money did you pay in Japan and what is the costs to get them roadworthy over there.

We have just had a major rule change here and the cost is quite considerable now.

Cheers
Ken

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
£16100 converted, registered, and taxed. the car was supplied through an importer. i would have done this myself to keep the costs down but i would have had a nightmare gettin the car SVA tested to use in this country. a friend of mine gave advice www.vineplace.co.uk he's been importing for years and often travels to japan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hmmm , bout $35,000 our peso.

That's good buying for a 33R . we usually sell em for around the high $30's to $40's.
And there std , no terbs or other fruit...

cheers
Ken

·
Registered
3 Posts
In the govt's pathetic attempt to stifle imports they have made it harder to comply the vehicle to meet the Aust stds.

Now have to be a RAWS ( Registered Automotive Work Shop ) and be ISO 9002 qualified , lots more paperwork , yadayadayada.
ie more cost to comply and now the vehicle must be STOCK std when presented.

Can't wait for the 15year old rule to come in where we don't have all this bullshit.

Cheers
Ken

·
Registered
11 Posts
You guys should see how it is in the U.S. We don't even get the same cars you do. Ours are all tuned down and have no power what so ever. The only place to get a Skyline from is Motorex. Luckily they import them from Japan. Only downside is a GTR R34 is about $90,000 U.S. dollars. That is way too much money.

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
california has some very strict emissions laws too don't they, even compared to the rest of the US??

·
Registered
11 Posts
yes, california is probably the worst state for emissions. They put all this emissions control crap on the car and make less hp. Some people with swaps in their cars can't pass e-check and could get into trouble. A few other states will fine you and tow your car.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its docked today. of for sva, mot etc then to abbey. should be ready for TOTB. check out my website for up dates pics. oh check out the different wheels on the car and let me know which looks best.:p :p :p

E

·
0 Posts
I dont know wich wheels were on it when you got it but i think i prefer the gold ones.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the gold advans are on it at mo. the others are nismo gt's. a friend is after a swap so i thought i would post the pictures to get some other feedback.:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts