Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after a drive im getting steam and a sizzle sound for abou#t 2 mnins after the car has been turned off from here down the back of the bulkhead,any ideas?

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
The coolant pipes to the matrix run along the back of the bulkhead, the original jubilee clips are poor and one of mine was weeping, new clip sorted it. Maybe worth a look mate

·
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what im thinking,is there any other water pipes running along there?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ive had a leak from the same place twice and wasnt easy to fix, think you have to remove starter motor to get at it

basically mine was a connection on the block that goes to the heater matrix i think, anyway mine rotted away, took it to one garage and the fudged one that only lasted about six months, second one I had put is much better

·
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive had a leak from the same place twice and wasnt easy to fix, think you have to remove starter motor to get at it

basically mine was a connection on the block that goes to the heater matrix i think, anyway mine rotted away, took it to one garage and the fudged one that only lasted about six months, second one I had put is much better
lets hope its just the heater matrix hose

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
i have only had this for 1 day,its got all the rsp turbo kit etc on it,would they have put a new one on when that was done?
As far as i know the rsp turbo just uses the std oil and water pipework, so there would be no need to change that pipe.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Turbo feed, went on mine.....sod to get to.:thumbsdown:
Andy shorted it, in no time. upgrading it, to braided.:bananasmile:

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I had this twice on my old R33GTST, 2nd time the pipe was replaced with some Porsche Re-Enforced hosing. Was sound after that. Pain to do think the inlet manifold needs to come off.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
surly if its a hybrid/rebuilt turbo it would have a braided non restictive hoses already? mine has them on my rebuilt turbo ..so wot im sayin is i wudda though RSP replaced them standard naff ones.

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
Our kit retains the standard water feeds and only requires a uprated oil feed.

I think that the standard water lines are more than good enough and I have only seen about 2-3 crack in 8 years! If you had a 200sx that would be different as they seem to break all the time. :)

We can supply new braided lines if needed though.

Richard

·
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cheers richard , i have been told you have replaced a small piece of hose around that area on this car already

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
could have been worse, is it just the rubber 90 degree??

pig to get to, if you cant get to the clip behind the head, bypass it with rubber all the way round!! ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts