Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, recently a fellow skyline owner had his gtst stolen which got me thinking about added security for my GTR. I'm wondering if anyone on here has a GPS tracker fitted into your car and if so, what kind. I'm trying to find one that doesn't have to be wired into the car because if the battery gets disconnected from the car then it would make it pretty useless. I'm wondering if there is a unit small enough that can maybe get put up into the dash, high enough out of sight, and wont rely on the car's battery for power. Thoughts?

I'm also going to be installing a Viper alarm/remote starter into mine but the sad truth is that if someone wants your car bad enough, no alarm is going to stop them from steeling it, which is why I'm looking into the GPS tracker also

·
Registered
31 Posts
i work at Manhattan motorcars which sell extremely high end exotics and people always get low-jack in their cars, even our one Koenigsegg one:1 customer put low-jack in that car which we all know how much its worth.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use Viper Smart Start GPS and don't use any of the auto locking, unlocking features. I use it strictly for a GPS, can be hid anywhere in your car only needs power and ground.

Gives you an option to setup 2 geofence perimeters around the car, and exit and entry point.
speed warning
real time live tracking.
battery alert.

service is $69-100 a year.

I've used it on all my cars.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use Viper Smart Start GPS and don't use any of the auto locking, unlocking features. I use it strictly for a GPS, can be hid anywhere in your car only needs power and ground.

Gives you an option to setup 2 geofence perimeters around the car, and exit and entry point.
speed warning
real time live tracking.
battery alert.

service is $69-100 a year.

I've used it on all my cars.
I was thinking of using the DEI SmartStart because I have a Viper remote start/alarm that I'm going to be putting in it but my concern is that if they disconnect power from the car then it's no earthly good.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i work at Manhattan motorcars which sell extremely high end exotics and people always get low-jack in their cars, even our one Koenigsegg one:1 customer put low-jack in that car which we all know how much its worth.
I just checked LoJack's website and they don't have coverage in Maine or the parts of NH that I would be in. Oh well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts