Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the skyline out for a drive today, first time since the silly cold weather spell started, it was fun as different bits of the car gradualy woke up after its 3 week hibernation....

1 battery dead - expected this so jump start and we're up and running

2 notice the turbo timer is dead and wont come on

3 notice the boost controller is dead and wont come on

4 notice the CD player is skipping like mad

so CD out and needed a clean, has a layer of gunk on it from the cold ??

CD back in and then the boost controller came to life so thought, bugger turbo timer is a gonner, 5 miles down the road turbo timer came on....

had an enjoyable trouble free drive from then on :smoker:

·
Registered
377 Posts
i took mine out for the first time since middle of december, a few creaks and groans from the suspension with it being sitting all the time but it was gr8 to get out again, monday mornin shes gettin her new brakes done so il have fun bedding them in ;)

·
At home playing with myself!!!
3,180 Posts
mine gets started at least once a week and goes for a drive up and down the street for abit, havnt been able to do it recently due to the snow and now my battery is dead lol.

awaiting a trickle charger from egay just to keep it going ok. oh another thing my alarm is that dead the alarm wont disarm and unlock the doors.:gay:

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I've been driving it all the way through the snow (except for a couple of days). Couldn't drive it today as it was raining :rofl: lol! well the daily driver has become my weekend car and the Skyline as daily :screwy: long story lol!!!

·
616 to 150bhp :(
1,201 Posts
Drove mine for a few days at the beginning of the month, but it's been hibernating ever since. Now all that silly, white stuff has gone, she's coming out from under the cover and onto the road tomorrow. Hope nothing has failed, I'm missing the Skyline Smile.

·
3,180 Posts
to be honest mine has been in the garage since last year now...not because of the snow....to save up really and it is a bonus doing it this time of the year as all the roads are shitted up anyway lol.

she will be back out march/april if all goes well.

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
to be honest mine has been in the garage since last year now...not because of the snow....to save up really and it is a bonus doing it this time of the year as all the roads are shitted up anyway lol.

she will be back out march/april if all goes well.
Yeah mine normally hides away during the winter, but i had to take it into work today for essential upgrades. Was gutted as it was chucking it down with rain/sleet and all you could hear was the salt hitting inside the wheel arches :disappointed:

·
3,180 Posts
Yeah mine normally hides away during the winter, but i had to take it into work today for essential upgrades. Was gutted as it was chucking it down with rain/sleet and all you could hear was the salt hitting inside the wheel arches :disappointed:
thats gotta be one of the worst sounds in the world, i used to kringe when i heard that last year.:eek:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Just a question but if the salt / grit on the roads are as every one knows body panel eaters in this country why would owners who are aware of this just get their cars under sealed.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
just a question for you guys when the cars been parked up for a while do you pull out the cam angle sensor,(or in my case keep the fuel pump switched off)until you've primed the engine with oil.

simon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.