Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just watched the grand prix,and if this is the way the new rules are takimg the sport then i am more than happy,it was very exciting especially to watch jenson
win,when last year he didnt even have a drive,and well done to ross brawn
first time out and first and second place,this is the stuff of dreams

simon

·
Pist'n'broke
1,014 Posts
Brilliant race to watch just shows now how important tyre temps are etc.

The kers (spelling) boost system is cool :) going to be a good season i recon. :)

Can Brawn keep it up and stay ahead...

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I only saw the last few laps but what a result. I`m looking forward to watching the whole race later on lol.

·
Seasoned Member
753 Posts
think its repeated at 1pm m8.

what a race tho, ive always supported jenson (even had a cat named after him lol)

not sure on the look of the cars at the mo, and the new presenter would be better suited to horse racing...

But love the shake up in the rules, love the no adverts and aint it good to have the proper music back :D

·
Pist'n'broke
1,014 Posts
Im watching it again on BBC just now.

With digital if you put BBC1 on press red then go to the sport section think its 300 this will then let you select F1 highlights. :)

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Awesome race! If this is the shape of things to come because of the new rules then bring it on I say, finally some proper racing with honest to God overtaking and stuff :worshippy:

·
****** From The Shite
3,437 Posts
was really exciting. this new boost seems pretty good fun for the drivers and does make it more interesting.... i got to sleep at 5am, then woke up at 6am and watched all the build up as the sun rose. ... i managed to last about 10 laps from the end before my eyes closed for the last time but woke up later to the result. i'm looking forward to this season althouh the rear spoilers look silly so narrow and the front one looks crazy even wider.
shud be a fun season.

·
North West Best
185 Posts
Was an awesome race was well worth getting up at 6 am to watch lol. It looked like starting the race at 5 pm their time made a real difference to tyre temps. These new rule changes have helped to, there was so much more overtaking and KERS seemed to help Hamilton along nicley:D.Was chuffed to bits to see Jenson get another grand prix under his belt he fully deserves the car he had this weekend and I would want to wish Brawn GP all the best in carrying on this form. Glad thos Ferrari bods never finished, made me chuckle lol. Overall a brilliant Grand prix weekend bring on Malaysia. Matt

·
Registered
134 Posts
Could not agree more with all of the comments on this thread.

Fantastic achievemnet for Brawn GP. Ross (probably the best Race Engineer/Strategist there has ever been),Jenson and Ruebens. The whole team thoroughly deserve their fantastic weekend result of double pole and double race win.

However, and not wishing to be negative, there is the question of an appeal that has been lodged regarding the diffuser. This had already been adjudged as legal by the Stewards, at scrutineering so the outcome should be that it will remain as legal and therefore the result should be confirmed.

Having been an avid GP fans for many,many years I have come to realise that common sense and logic do not always apply. Then of course there is the power of the "Red Italians", who seem to be able to convince the FIA (Ferrari International Assistance) on any matter they choose.

I wish the very best of luck to Brawn GP on both this appeal and for the future.I`ll bet Honda are kicking themselves after this result and having spent so much money on developement of that car .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts