Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and spotted something I've never noticed before.

Grandpa Joe and the 3 other old people are clearly bed-ridden and unable to help Charlie's mum as she works her fingers to the bone in order to support her dirt poor patriarch-devoid household, even down to the point where Charlie gives his paper round money over in order to buy bread. However, when Charlie finds the last ticket and tells them all, Grandpa Joe is suddenly miraculously healed to the point where he can dance a ****ing jig!!!!!! What exactly has that lazy shite pensioner been up to all these years? Lying in bed pretending he can't work while getting waited on hand and foot, that's what! It wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't all part of some elaborate benefit fraud, although if that's the case then where has all the money been going? Grandpa Joe is a shining beacon of what is wrong with this country.

·
Registered
647 Posts
You forgot the money he was hiding from the family that he sent Charlie out with!
I think he was definitely screwing them over, probably for the government.

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
I side with Grandpa Joe - Mr Willy Wonka blantently circumvented employment laws by sacking everyone without notice or due process - poor Grandpa Joe went into a deep depression and soon became bed ridden and the joyous news of Charlie finding a golden ticket jolted him out of that depressive state and he picked himself up and made good - maybe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts