Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I might be buying a 2.5 GTS Turbo this weekend - its a 93 and totally standard, mint condition - so I thought I might as well join you guys :eek:) hope you don't mind.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks very much tiggers... nice to meet you. so, reckon I'm making the right move going for a Skyline? :eek:) whats the servicing like on these things?

oh and... can anyone give me some points of which I will need to look out for when having a look at this one this weekend? what should I be looking for? I know the basics, but anything that Skylines are prone to?

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Skylines are prone to be modded to go faster, not a bad thing except in the wallet department...

Welcome to the SOC board:)

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
mileage, if its high you are gonna be looking at replacement items, probably turbo's!! does it have a service history? is it private or trade sale?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trade - 1993 L Reg Nissan Skyline 2.5 GTS Turbo
Petrol, Manual 5 speed, Black, Coupe, 68,000 miles , 2 Doors. Air-Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, Electric Sunroof, Electric Windows, In Car Entertainment, Power-Assisted Steering.Four Wheels Steer, Completely Standard.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
check that the year tags on the seatbelts correspond to the year of reg on docs. Does it have any history? cant remember if you said? which trader has it for sale?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hehehe :eek:)

mysterious girlie in black cool car...

woo!

I am getting quite excited about seeing it and taking it for a test drive. Think about getting a private plate if I get it too...

·
Registered
299 Posts
check the gear box.

If your syncros are fecked, it'll piss you off more than piles and a mouth ulcer all at once

·
Registered
299 Posts
My 2nd and 4th are wankered. I always have to prep and pop 2nd, or it'll crunch.

and 4th...welll let me tell you about 4th. If I take 3rd to the MAX, I have to wait for the revs to drop back down to 4500 or it'll crunch. (Iv'e mastered that one now, so don't even think about it Mr BMW)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah will do. I know how that feels already - got a 1380 race mini webber 40 etc and the gear box is knackered at the mo - it does my head in!!!

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
the GTS25t is 245bhp as standard

·
Hello, little lady!
556 Posts
You can probably hit nearly 300 by improving the engines breathing though. New exhaust, induction kit, downpipes, decat pipe would do it.

:D

J.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts