Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

Went down to see GT-ART this morning to have my Diff and gearbox oils changed (Motul - very nice!). Poor guys were in the dark due to some electrical company works, so proceeded to attack the underside of the car on a trolley jack at the door to maximise light, and a handy torch nearby as well....

Anyways, what was to be a half hour job tuned into a 3.0 hour session due to the muppet who did the gearbox oil before overtightening the filler plug! Would it come out? Not a hope. Was starting to think the gearbox would have to come out (cue a LONG walk home for me). Flash of inspiration led to an ingenious other method or filling her up, and 20 mins later the job was done.

So, I would like to say a HUGE!!! thanks to both Gary and Chris for doing a fantastic job of coming up with a way to get the new oil into the 'box when the filler plug was stuck inplace (and for not charging me exorbitant fees), and for having the patience to do the job when they both coulda been home early due to having no electrics and a blo**y stubborn car!

Very impressed, the car and I will be back! (power FC beckons......)

:smoker:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah...

It shouldn't be in anywhere near as tight as it was. both of them and various bits of metal couldn't budge it so it needs to come out and get sorted.

Best plan seems to be whenever I get the clutch replaced/uprated, which hopefully won't be in the imminent future since I pick up the new wheels tomorrow and a load more bits arriving in the next coupla weeks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts