Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of a big upgrade including a GT3037R and a top mount tubular manifold. Being top mounted the oil drain for the turbo is now at the top. Will this pose a problem or will the pressure just pump it round anyway?

Also could somebody tell me where the oil and water flow and return are located on the engine. I think I know which one is the oil return but I'm not sure where the flow is and have no idea where the water feeds are located.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
180 Posts
It does unfortunately matter which way it goes so that it drains away (by gravity - blame Newton) from the seals.

Water wise, it flows FROM the lower exhaust side of the block THROUGH the turbo, and back TO the inlet manifold via a pipe round the back of the head.

No if you have a Greddy, (or Greddy style), it deletes this return, and you'll have to make your own.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Again, Unfortunately no! Sorry!

The oil in is just that, and same for oil out. Its a proper one-way street.

Water wise, its universal as for what direction it takes (and its flow direction does vary depending on relative temp, and engine running or not).

You can orientate the centre housing by unbolting it (sometimes you have to remove the keyways) and spining the centre relative to the static compressor and turbine positions, to get a decent angle.

They can usually accomodate some off vertical oil drain alignment, its really down to the oil cavity at the drain so that it doesnt create a pool of oil before it flows out of the drain.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so I've turned the middle section around so the oil drain is at the bottom now. Easy fix.

The only problem I have now is locating the water return and oil feed. You said that the water return goes round the back of the block. I remember this being a small bore pipe but I can't see where is should attach to the inlet. Could you give me some pointers.

And perhaps more importantly can you tell me where the oil feed is located on the engine.

Apart from that I think I'm all done and dusted.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
180 Posts
No worries, the oil feed is on the Exhaust side of the block (its in-line with the centre of the oil assembly housing on the other side), and the water return is a small barbed fitting on the (stock) inlet manifold just by the rear cylinder port.

If I can find a suitable pic, I'll post it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts