Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
i know about the quality issues on the xs gt45 kit but im going to give it a go on my r33 gtst,
what i need to know is what else am i going to need before i could run it at the moment its running stage 1 plus fmic,
also this is going to sound really stupid but do you still run a afm with a turbo that size its just ive seen a few top mounts with the funnel on

the things i have thought off so far is
apexi power fc
1.6mm metal hg
uprated fuel pump
injectors (not sure what size)
downpipe
adjustable fuel regulator
wiseco 87mm pistons (not sure)

feel free to add to the list
thanks all

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
You will need to use an afm unless your power fc is the d-jetro version.
Most folks use a z32 afm, i personally have gone for the q45 instead

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will need to use an afm unless your power fc is the d-jetro version.
Most folks use a z32 afm, i personally have gone for the q45 instead
is the d-jetro what the high power guys use as when ive been looking around most of the guys using t88's, gt45 etc just have the funnel on.

thanks for your help mate

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
If your running something like a AEM or motec etc you can run a map sensor so you dont need the AFM hence the funnel.
As far as i'm aware you cant get the D-jetro for the GTS-T, most run the Z32 as has been said because there cheap, reliable and easily available.

For the injectors i'd go for about 720cc.
If your engine is fine i wouldnt do the pistons yet get it all fitted and up and running at 1.3bar and see how you go.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
A GT45 is too big for a RB25 unless you are going to do some extreme mods.

If you still wanted to, you first have to make the engine capable of revving to 8500+ rpm (minimum becuase that thing won't even be on full boost by the stock engines red line.). Solid lifter conversion, forged internals, new ECU, plus upgrades to every other system. Then if you're going to spend that kind of money, shelling out for a good quality turbo is a no brainer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts