Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people.

As I`v now got some new tyres I thought it was time to sort the camber out on my car. I`v lowered it 25mm with dowmax springs and when the car was having the MOT I noticed all the inside edges were worn on my tyres. I thought I had better load it up on the 4 wheel alignment machine at work to see what was what.

Well the results were as expected. The camber on the front and rear were out of spec. This is causing the wear on the tyres. The GTR doesn`t have adjustable camber (not without some bodging) so I thought I would see if there was anything I could buy to make it adjustabe. Cusco to a set of rear upper arms to allow camber adjusment but only do fixed fronts that give X amount of negative camber which I do not need !!! Does anyone know where I can get adjustable front top arms?

Once I have them fitted and set up it shouldn`t wear the tyres out so quick. Also more traction will be available !!

Richard

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
D'oh (edited)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Can't quite recall to be honest RIchard....

Taka are still not speaking to me....

Was confident it was Cusco though....

Shall try and find the bit of paper I scribbled it on cos I was looking for a set a few months ago...

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cusco to the rears that are fully adjustable but the fronts that they to just give a set amount of negative camber and I need a bit more possitive.

I may go and have alook myself but I hate there site :)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cant remember the exact figure as its on the printout at work. It was almost a degree out of manufactures limits. ie 1.5-2 degrees from the perfered setting !!

Hoping my new tyres will last a little longer as well.

N

·
0 Posts
ah i c u not tell , i run -1.5 , does that help, i have not run out of tread on the inner surface yet, oh i had it laser check wat a load of bollox, so i to abbey they sorted it.

i hope

1 - 17 of 17 Posts