Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I had a fast car but those new BMW M6's are ballistic! :devil: I was driving to work on the motorway this morning when something silver and BMW like steamed up behind me, as a responsible Skyline owner i had to drop a cog and show the BMW a clean set of heels... not this time! He stuck to me like glue and flew past me when I pulled into the middle lane and admitted defeat. :shakehead: I drove the rest of the way to work with my tail between my legs dreaming of the day I can afford to get the GTR to over 500bhp and get my revenge! :swear:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
501bhp, I thought it would be around that figure! My GTR is totally standard at the moment, I've only had it a couple of months. But i think its time for mods soon!! (well when I have some cash!) :grinno:

·
Registered
291 Posts
I remember watching the 'review' of the M6 on Top car and remember thinking what a beast it would be. They certainly don't hang about.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
provided you select all the right menus ... and remember in the wet his car becomes a handfull whereas the gtr becomes more fun .....4wd rocks

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
I find that around

360bhp/ton tends to keep the chaff of my arse, so to speak.....

Also, enormous dollops of torque are obligatory to deliver a proper "left for dead" from over a ton.

For reference, your GTR (presuming stock R33) is delivering somewhere between 187 and 213 bhp per ton. The BMW's 297/ton is equivalent to a 445bhp R33 GT-R.

Have fun with the modding, and welcome to the never ending road...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
provided you select all the right menus ... and remember in the wet his car becomes a handfull whereas the gtr becomes more fun .....4wd rocks
It was a seriously quick car but given the fact that it was a fat business type bloke driving, I reckon in the wet on a twisty road it could have been bye bye BMW! or hello ditch....! :drivin:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Something similar happened to me on the way home from jts a few weeks back.Driving home on toll road m6,me and the other half kept crossing paths with a very nice evo 8.We kept overtaking each other around the chilled 85-90 region then there was a completely empty strech of road.We must of both thought the same and pulled along side each other,but to my anger ,this thing was like a rocket and left me for dead.My car is fairly standard gtr except for de-cat downpipes and filters but now i`m realising it`s just not enough!:eek:

·
4,143 Posts
can we please chill out on so much info about speeding here.we all do it but this place does get watched by the police from time to time.
anyway back to the thread

·
Banned
17 Posts
Haha.. police on the forums.. would they give you a ticket if you typed that you were doing 150KM on public roads? I've heard of that moron who got caught on YouTube for posting a video doing 140+ MPH but just reading on the forums? I don't know..

·
Registered
563 Posts
i'v seen a db9 and a m5 go for it
i was in my 300bhp gts-t i did not even try
just watch in amazment the m5 killed the db9
BMW are getting real fast now
i would cut my toby off for a m6 LoL

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
most are limited but they have made me cry from time to time,never over 70mph though;)

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
oh dear, so how much was your gtr ? then think how much the bm cost, you spend 5k to 8k you would p**S off a 65 grand bm for a round figure,of lets say 16k
money talks speed !!! NOT

shed

·
4,143 Posts
it is fact that the police read though forum and have done on this one so yes.
it also make this place look bad so i have asked very nicely so please be careful on what you type!

·
Registered
46 Posts
The m5 at 507/387 (the same setup,less kerb weight to the m6) is enough to humble most modded cars! and it's NA too. But given the choice and of course the budget, I would have to go with the 34 GTR! but then again I would say that :)

·
Forum loiterer!
1,707 Posts
yeah he may have beaten you but imagine if you spent £60k on ya GTR how things would be different :dogpile:

·
4,143 Posts
i like that one japtastic.
im very glad you have come back to skyline ownership and i should see you soon at the reading meet if you still go.

M6 is avery fast car but you would shake it on the twisties
new cars are getting very fast now and its making the king of the road not quite the beast it used to.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts