Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been reading the posts on GTR forum re- Santapod. Whats the matter with this lot (Bitching whinging Muppets) whats the problem in praising everybodys efforts.
DONT happen on SOC.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeh but i bet mines faster than yours. I liked Andy Barnes`s latest rant best. Cant remember what the threads called. What an arogant twat.

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
I have to bite my tongue, it's not worth getting involved.

I must say though, the thing that sums it up for me was when poor Tim who broke his Gearbox on his first run was just left stranded in the return lane. I saw him run and get a box full of neutrals as he went for 3rd(input shaft broke), I then went and got in the que to run and as I hit the return run there he was, some 45 minutes at least after he had broke down.

I could pass without offering to help and after he got the splitter off I towed him down to the back of the GTROC stand where he gathered his gear together and then I towed him off site so that the RAC could come and pick him up.

I'm quite sure that if it had been one of us guys, we would all be concerned and offer support, Ok so I had a towrope, but when we stopped for him to get his gear the other chaps on the GTROC hardly raised an eyebrow.

All a bit sad i think.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Oops I think I been quoting again...... just posted you might wanna look :)

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
Nice one Sarky

Hey, it's not every day someone stops by you as you're sat in you're car and says "hello I'm Mr Fcuk" he he he

hope to meet you again and have a chat

Pete

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
I towed him off site so that the RAC could come and pick him up
I know what that feels like :rolleyes: Believe me if he's anything like i was he'll be VERY thankfull. When my cam belt went for a posh one Turweston i was overcome with helping hands from all angles.....despite the stickers on the car :cool:

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Pete,

haha yes your welcome, as I looked up and saw your passenger I noticed and thought oops shouldnt have said that ! DOH !

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
No, No, Tracy was quite amused at it

She had her own agenda for the day-to find the "saddest" spoiler, and I'm glad to say the winner was that red NSX with the picnic bench styli rear wing.

She was a bit dissapointed that an Evo didn't win this vote as she "Fcuk"ing hates em(They're corsas for Money men)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well said gordon , if u notice tey al say GTR, i think trev showed a few gtr's up ,
tossers is all i can say.

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
Guess i'm a bit of a strange creature being a member of the GTROC and a GTS owner! I'm defo not into the bitching that goes on and often think of something to post but in the end think "bollox to it, it's too much hassle". Let them get on with it. To a lot of them there is only one Skyline and that's one that's got GTR on it.

I don't mind people bigging-up themselves like Andy does; and I like the amount of detail he goes into explaining what he's been up to but don't like (and don't see the need) in slagging other people off or putting down thier acheivements. There's enough people out there knocking us without us helping them.

Must admit I don't go on there as often as I used to but there is a hell of a lot of good information, and everyone i've met in person have been top people (as you all have here too).

I think the keyboard has a lot to answer for.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sorry to appear rude........

But I think alot of GTS owners have a chip on their shoulder about GTR owners, and hype up any insignificant wordage that they feel shows arrogance. I have never said "Your opinion doesnt count, cos you only drive a gts" and I cant remember having read it on GTR either.

I do read alot of gts owners playing the sympathy card and trying to make out that they are the poor relation and shabbily treated, but its mainly a load of old bollox.

Yes, a few gtr owners are totally focused on that one car (I guess I could be included in that bracket, as I had never really known much other than GTR's even though I have been into them for years, and have never wanted a gts - but thats a personal choice) and often dont mention or respond much to gts topics. But maybe that is their choice. I dont respond to all gtr topics, but does that make me a gtr-phobe, of course not.

All I can say is lighten up about the model differences, and just enjoy the choice that each one of us has made. As for all the sh1t throwing and back stabbing then there are only a few to blame, and personally I am getting sick of them ruining it for the rest of us.

Just my 2p's worth.

J.

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
the way i see it, the GTR forum correct me if im wrong is set up for GTR owner's correct?? dont go on there much,
the skylineowners forum was set up for all the makes and models of the glorious Nissan Skyline .
you make the choice what you join and i know where i am staying:)
its ok to browse now and again but if it pi55;s you of ignore it and rise above it!! and come back on here and look at busters post to cheer you up and lol :)

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
I am, and probably will continue to be, a member of both forums.....but hey that's just my choice.
As far as I'm concerned, this place is a much friendlier place to be for the majority of the time, hence why I'm here so much. I have no doubt it'll stay that way. But I do still frequent the 'other' side as, despite outward appearances, the majority are decent chaps and chapesses.

Same old story as I see it..... the minority (arrogant, arguementative fcukwits, especially when sat behind a computer) :argue: spoiling it for the majority ie. those of us who enjoy being a part of the skyline world whether that's through ownership of the car or as an enthusiast. :(

Anyway, thats way too much serious jibbering from me so I'll shut up now.

I'll leave you with this parting comment though....... My car IS faster and better than all of yours. I know that 'cos my mummy told me so nnnnerrrrr :D :D

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
turbob12 said:
:D lol @ Big Mark, but my dads bigger than your dad, cos my mummy told me so nnnnerrrr.:D :D
Yeahh? Well my dads bruvva is bigger than everyone. So double nnnerrrr to infinity, no returns :uy:

1 - 20 of 100 Posts