Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please tell me how to to fit the gtr style grill to my spec1 r33 gts? it kinda has me puzzled.:dunno: Or even pics of your mounting brackets so i can copy them. Much appreciated guys, thanks
Gary

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
must people just use cable ties but i riveted two peices of aluminum to the ends at the top bent them till they sat on the headlight bracket the the original grill clips to and screwed it to them, if i remember i will take a photo later

·
Registered
337 Posts
I bought a grill from knight racer great quaility but no brackets.

I lined it up with the headlamp brackets, marked the holes to line up on the back of the grille, drilled tiny holes were marked and put 4 wide headed screws trought the headlamp bracket and into the grille, took 10 minutes and its still holding nice and tight :D

cheers

lee

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys. Anybody got any pics i can use to compare? Really want to get this fitted asap.
Hi5 its is a grille to fit the gts but it doesnt come with any brackets.

P.s its a knight racer grille as i know there are a few different types

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
Cheers guys. Anybody got any pics i can use to compare? Really want to get this fitted asap.
Hi5 its is a grille to fit the gts but it doesnt come with any brackets.

P.s its a knight racer grille as i know there are a few different types
hi mate, this is how ive fitted mine and its a knight racer one,
note 2 screws in the top corner into the slam panel through the grill and also one in the center of the grill.

hope that helps....:bigthumb:

·
Registered
44 Posts
i have a stock grill from a gtr with bumper, the bumper wont go on the gts as we all know. well i tried to put just the grill in and its wider then my headlights. ive been told mine is a series 1 gtst. how did you get yours in?

·
Premium Member
4,911 Posts
As mentioned, you will have to get a GTR style grille for the GTS fitment, which we have in stock.

Fitment is quite simple. You can either use the ways as described above by other members. Or you can attach the grille on the standard mounting points of the stock grille (black plastic bracket off headlights) and nut & bolt it through. Then cable tie the bottom to the metal bracket in the centre.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts