Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Probably opening a can of worms here, as people have different preferences.

Obviously the GTR being 2.6 twin turbo are the beasts and imo nicer looking (but £££'s!) Even though the R32's are the hardcore, and more affordable GTR can't say the shape appeals to my taste.

Is a nice looking/kitted perhaps tuned (how tunable are they?) GTS (33) a better/cheaper substitute for R33/34 GTR? But people seem to sneer at 'only' a GTS (isn't 2.5 turbo through the rear wheels scary and not as grippy as 4x4?!)

Must say R34 my favourite shape of all, are GTT's (manual of course) in the running??!

:)

Z

·
Old Git
4,826 Posts
Zoe said:

Must say R34 my favourite shape of all, are GTT's (manual of course) in the running??!

:)

Z

This is what I'm looking for at the moment. I'm trying to decide whether to import one or to keep looking in the Autotrader.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm a bit biased here but for a sensible(ish) motor I think the
R33GTS25T takes some beating.

This is my first Skyline (first of many hopefully!) and admittedly I am thinking about a GTR.

I dont like to think that people look down on the GTS cos with a bit of tuning they are a scream, at the end of the day it has the magic word on the back:)

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Zoe,
Why not turn up at one of our meets and compare them all, im sure the nice boys and girls will be more than happy to take you out for a whizz round in a selection of beasties in various states of tune.

Pope

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Just tell him there wont be a mag there and im sure he wont come... :D

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
hahaha

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Is there an awful lot of difference between those extra cc and turbo?

Really not too clued up on Skylines at all, at a guess the cossie is running about 250bhp so assuming either GTS or GTR should have more of a kick that it! (So far we've just test driven an Evo FQ300 which I feel would definitely have left the cossie standing, as felt more torquey and less lag - though not surprising as think they around 305bhp with around 280 lb ft torque!)

Z

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Zoe,
The biggest difference is the attessa 4 wheel drive system, both the 2.5 and 2.6 can be tuned to over 400bhp with very little difficulty

Pope

·
Registered
95 Posts
Buy an RX-7 and get the best of all worlds
Except a GTS is a hell of a lot cheaper to run and maintain ! ;) :p

The R33GTS25T 4 door will be my first Skyline. That will do me for starters. When Standard, 2.5 Turbo, I wouldn't call 0-60 in 6.7 seconds and a top end of 165 mph particularly slow ! And as for RWD, well, thats where the fun is ! lol

I know the GTR is more desirable and more aggresive but the GTS will do for me.

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
like the pope said come to a meet and go out in a few motors, think between all of us on her there is every possible model going GTR GTS GTT etc etc etc etc

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Now that sort of response put the lid well and truly back on that wormy can, with no silly shite that one may have expected from other places.

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
if you hear a ice cream noise van coming in the distance it will be boyo :)

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
I was hanging back Smiffy just waiting for an opening so I could go for the throat, but one didnt come.

Mr Softee ?

·
On The Far Side...
203 Posts
A quality thread people. :)

Zoe, no one can tell you which car you should get. There's advantages/disadvantages to all. Best thing would be to go to as many meets/events and talk to as many owners as possible and then decide for yourself...:)

·
Registered
952 Posts
well i love my gtst but wouldnt mind a gtr. but then there is more fun in rear wheels i feel they require more skill to drive cos there easier to lose. but that just my oppinion. come along to the meets zoe like i said to u before.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Demon Dave said:

Zoe, no one can tell you which car you should get. There's advantages/disadvantages to all. Best thing would be to go to as many meets/events and talk to as many owners as possible and then decide for yourself...:)
Exactly, was just getting some opinions!

Well I will when there is a meet and one near me! lol (I'll sound silly, hello I was on your website, can I ask you a few questions about your car! hehehe)

Assume GTT is the same as GTS as both single turbo?

Well I guess I'll see whats available when my pennies have mounted up! Think I'd be inclined to a GTR as practically answered my own question in my first post! :alco:

Z

1 - 20 of 55 Posts