Skyline Owners Forum banner

GTR or GTS (or GTT!)

4K views 54 replies 19 participants last post by  Sarky_FCUK 
#1 · (Edited)
Probably opening a can of worms here, as people have different preferences.

Obviously the GTR being 2.6 twin turbo are the beasts and imo nicer looking (but £££'s!) Even though the R32's are the hardcore, and more affordable GTR can't say the shape appeals to my taste.

Is a nice looking/kitted perhaps tuned (how tunable are they?) GTS (33) a better/cheaper substitute for R33/34 GTR? But people seem to sneer at 'only' a GTS (isn't 2.5 turbo through the rear wheels scary and not as grippy as 4x4?!)

Must say R34 my favourite shape of all, are GTT's (manual of course) in the running??!

:)

Z

#3 ·
I'm a bit biased here but for a sensible(ish) motor I think the
R33GTS25T takes some beating.

This is my first Skyline (first of many hopefully!) and admittedly I am thinking about a GTR.

I dont like to think that people look down on the GTS cos with a bit of tuning they are a scream, at the end of the day it has the magic word on the back:)

#5 ·
Zoe,
Why not turn up at one of our meets and compare them all, im sure the nice boys and girls will be more than happy to take you out for a whizz round in a selection of beasties in various states of tune.

Pope

#8 ·
hahaha

#9 · (Edited)
Is there an awful lot of difference between those extra cc and turbo?

Really not too clued up on Skylines at all, at a guess the cossie is running about 250bhp so assuming either GTS or GTR should have more of a kick that it! (So far we've just test driven an Evo FQ300 which I feel would definitely have left the cossie standing, as felt more torquey and less lag - though not surprising as think they around 305bhp with around 280 lb ft torque!)

Z

#10 ·
Zoe,
The biggest difference is the attessa 4 wheel drive system, both the 2.5 and 2.6 can be tuned to over 400bhp with very little difficulty

Pope

#11 ·
Buy an RX-7 and get the best of all worlds
Except a GTS is a hell of a lot cheaper to run and maintain ! ;) :p

The R33GTS25T 4 door will be my first Skyline. That will do me for starters. When Standard, 2.5 Turbo, I wouldn't call 0-60 in 6.7 seconds and a top end of 165 mph particularly slow ! And as for RWD, well, thats where the fun is ! lol

I know the GTR is more desirable and more aggresive but the GTS will do for me.

#18 ·
well i love my gtst but wouldnt mind a gtr. but then there is more fun in rear wheels i feel they require more skill to drive cos there easier to lose. but that just my oppinion. come along to the meets zoe like i said to u before.

#19 ·
Demon Dave said:

Zoe, no one can tell you which car you should get. There's advantages/disadvantages to all. Best thing would be to go to as many meets/events and talk to as many owners as possible and then decide for yourself...:)
Exactly, was just getting some opinions!

Well I will when there is a meet and one near me! lol (I'll sound silly, hello I was on your website, can I ask you a few questions about your car! hehehe)

Assume GTT is the same as GTS as both single turbo?

Well I guess I'll see whats available when my pennies have mounted up! Think I'd be inclined to a GTR as practically answered my own question in my first post! :alco:

Z

#23 ·
GTT is a newer car, ie 5 years by design, and in essence nissan rebuilt the RB25 single turbo for this car, although not much has changed, it does have NEO which provides it with trick power similar to the GTR

#24 ·
I am obviously going to go in favour of the GTT for obvious reasons, although Saturday's meet in the wet led to a few lessons in why 4wd is an advantage.

There is a really good selection and mix of cars between here and the GTR lot going to Santa Pod on Sunday which is not too far away from you in Suffolk.

#26 ·
Zoe by the time you are looking at getting a car I believe the GTT GTS will have fallen in value and the GTR also, so keep your eyes open and learn about the cars and then much closer to the time look around at prices :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.