Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a few comparison posts on here but none of them seem to answer the questions I want to ask so please don't ass rape me lol

For someone who has never had a turbo before nevermind a skyline which would you consider to be the safer handling car?

Also does it make a difference if its an R32 or an R33? i.e. is the R32 GTR safer handling than the R33 GTR etc.

I'm planning to buy a skyline shortly and just wonderd as to the opinion of owners on here as to which of the two was the more "forgiving" if there is such a thing in a skyline.

Don't get me wrong I ain't thinking I'm gonna be buying a fiesta in skyline clothing I'm looking forward to having some fun with her and expect it will take a while to get used to a skyline.

If I have committed the repost sin can some one please link me to the post concerned as I'm damned if I can find it.

(oh and if you must ass rape please be gentle lol)

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
i think the anwer is neither,both require a leel of respect for the car and the roads around you,if you dont go crazy or expect the car to defy the laws of gravity and motion you should be fine

possiblya days skidpan training at a track would be invaluable

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Although no car is safe if driven badly, the GTR is safer due to the AWD. Theoretically an R32 should handle better than a 33 down to the weight difference. Whichever you buy, be mindful that it's a powerful car that DOES bite if you don't respect it.

P.S

Ref ass fun, what lube?

·
4,143 Posts
a gtr WILL act like a rwd car most of the time so don't throw it in a corner and think it will be fine because it goes sideways very quick,but is safer than a the going sideways bit is the most fun

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Did some one say ass raping right im here lol

Well i have a gtst, handles great in the dry but the wet is a bit hairy. Obviously a gtr is going to be more forgiving, people say the r32 is more the drivers car but ive never compared the 2. What do you intend to use the car for??

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ok so if the choice for my money is a R32 GTR or R33 GTS-T I'm well advised to go for the R32 GTR then in your opinion? Have investigated skid pan training (a. because its useful and b. because it looks like damn good fun) and also drift training (just because it looks like bloody good fun) and my other half has kindly offered to pay for both as a birthday gift (nice man).

The skyline is going to be my "fun" car, might use it occasionally on nice days to get to work but more a weekends and evenings car. Have a scoob sport for winter and the daily grind lol

Oh ref the ass raping lube requirements? Something with an pain killing effect please lol

·
Registered
497 Posts
Also think a GTR would be a litle safer due to the awd but then again its also true that driving your car with the proper respect it schouldnt have to mather.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
well I'm 32 with a fully clean driving history with a healthy love and respect for all cars but have always wanted a skyline so do intend to be gentle until I have a handle on her lol but I do also want to have some fun with her.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The R32 GTR I am considering is a fresh import and has 8,000 miles (checked, certificated warranted) for 8K would that be a decent deal in your opinion? Its fairly standard

·
Registered
105 Posts
8,000 miles?
For at least a 13 year old car, i would be very dubious about that.
Personally i prefure the GTS-T, but hey, its all down to personal pref.

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
:mad:

You dont by any kind of skyline to be safe!

If you want a safe car get a freaking megane!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:mad:

You dont by any kind of skyline to be safe!

If you want a safe car get a freaking megane!
Perhaps I haven't put myself across properly mate, I ain't looking for a safe car, just merely asking which of the two was the more forgiving to the new skyline owner.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
8,000 miles?
For at least a 13 year old car, i would be very dubious about that.
Personally i prefure the GTS-T, but hey, its all down to personal pref.

I was a bit worried about that as well. The old saying "if its too good to be true then it usually is" and all that. However its a fairly well know dealer and I haven't heard anything negative about them in fact found a few posts on here saying how great they were etc.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
I am going to be taking the skid lessons. A mate from work took them when he got his Honda S2000 and said it is well worth the money. And i know it will be even more worth while for me!

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Perhaps I haven't put myself across properly mate, I ain't looking for a safe car, just merely asking which of the two was the more forgiving to the new skyline owner.

Thats ok, i didnt bother reading the thread, just threw my 2p in!

GTR is safer....but then Girls cars usually are:drivin:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol. Ah well a GTR would indeed be perfect then

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
i have a gts4 and have had a gts rwd in the past. the gts4 is fun ..and get the power down better ..however the rear wheel drive was more "interesting2 when the opertunity arose. the 4wd gives so much grip with decent tyres you really have to push her to get the lsd to work let alone get the back end out....

the rear wheel drive will be more involving for a play car methiks.......but thenthe gtr has more power than my gts4 ..........you pays your mony ...

·
Dirty Torquer
113 Posts
for me its the R32 GT-R. having driven each one the best for handling IMO is the 32 gtr followed by a 34 (due to short wheel base)...then course a 33. nissan realised its mistake with the long wheel base and loss of handling with the 33 thats why they went back to the 32 when they made the 34. gts-t are good for just messing about fun but you have that added traction bonus with a gtr...which are also good for serious messing about and more fun. as someone previously said anyone of the cars demands a degree of respect for they will bite you back.

as for the 8,000miles i would think that would be 8,000miles on a rebuilt engine. the only ones i have ever know to be of genuine low milage were on offer from Shin who sourced them in japan...but they did come with a BIG price tag since they had hardly been used.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I went for the gts-t and lets just say in the rain i feel like i'm strapped onto a bull.

Be nice and the cars fine, anything else and you just wince, hold on and hope everything goes where it needs too.

Great fun mind you....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts