Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
spent 3000 so far and can't bring myself to spend the 3500 on an ecu ,turbo and the rest of it, which would give me 400bhp(BUT I WANT TOO) but its nearly the same money for a gtr , someone convince me to spend on a gtr or my be loved gts HELP:wave: :wave:

SHED:worshippy: :worshippy:

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
GTR,GTR . . . .GTR! Maybe im abit biased:D Had both shed as you know.Im pulling 400bhp now,326 at the wheels and a **** load of torque :devil: Its cost me about £1,400 + cost of me Gtr,which i believe is £ for £ a better option than trying get same Bhp out of a GTST and you have the refinements,suspension and looks to boot :D The Gtst is a great car but i think the GTR pips it :devil: Love you all by the way;) Dont take offence :notworthy :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
For a daily driver i think you wil go a long way to beat a gts N/a
its got the skyline looks,its pretty quick and good on fuel
for a bit more speed then its got to be a gts-t its got all of the above
and more,but likes a good drink. But for out and out perfomance,looks like you got to have
a gtr, but its not really a daily driver IMO, either way you are still gonna
spend money on it. i have spent more £££s on my gtr just trying to get it
how i want it than my gts and gts-t put together.

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Im 336Bhp at the wheels by the way,f-ck me im thick.Yes you can spend just as much if not more modding your Gtr but you are starting from a higher platform to enable you to go further.I drive mine everyday by the way and love every second of every day im in it.You cant take that fu--in smile offa my face :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
I had a similar choice to make, Gts-t and some money to mod it or GTR and skint myself for a while..... I went for the GTR and never looked back! :grinno: Dont get me wrong the Gts is a great car, but i love my GTR and I use it as an everyday driver because i cant bear to leave it on the drive when i go to work! :drivin:

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Well said my friend :D

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
:a standard gtr is 276 bhp....a standard gtst is 250bhp, to mod a gts to 400 bhp is cheaper, and with a gtr you lose 23% power to the front transmission so overall the gts would be quicker after 2nd gear, coz the gtr will launch quicker and less wheel spin, come out in my gts and i guarrantee yr want one lol......:D but its all down to preference really, i know gtr drivers that prefer to use the rear wheel option as its more sideways action, whereas with mine its only sideways action lol, so really to drive a gts quick you really need to know how to hold some drift action or yr be going backwards more than you would like to lol......whereas a gtr will straighten itself out easier as the ecu will transfer the power to compensate.....;)

·
Oh how skint can i get!
437 Posts
GTS-T every time LOADS more smiles per £!! Sideways is so much fun!! GTR would be ok but the challenge is lost when the ecu takes over and splits the power to the front! Plus it's a bit cheaper to mod the GTS-T as Bigchief said.

:drivin:

·
Registered
571 Posts
from a female point of view..... sensible option get the gtr... if your not sensible spend it on the gts! Rear wheel drive! Far more fun!! trust me ive been side ways most of the way roud castle combe in a stupidly fast gts! Keep the gts.. you know you want to!!!!:D

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
from a female point of view..... sensible option get the gtr... if your not sensible spend it on the gts! Rear wheel drive! Far more fun!! trust me ive been side ways most of the way roud castle combe in a stupidly fast gts! Keep the gts.. you know you want to!!!!:D
lol @ mas, im not sensible........:D

·
Registered
751 Posts
im having the same thoughts, i got a gts and am looking for more power, however after long consideration ive decided to keep the gts and slowly do it up, thats everything, the body, chassis, engine just go through everything replacing and repairing everything that needs doing.
just got pictures in my head of me buying a gtr and it turns out to be a lemon, at least if you DIY you know exactly whats ben done, although it might cost more.

·
Any Danger!!!
1,486 Posts
I have also had both and yes imediate gains can be had from a GTR with little mods but imo the GTR will not put the same smile on your face as a gts-t. RWD is great fun and a real drivers car. 4WD from the GTR is awesome and they handle like they are on rails but for me the fun and excitement isnt always there in a GTR.

In an ideal world why dont you put the RB26 in your GTS-T :drivin: :D :D :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
I get plenty of fun and excitment from my GTR, plus i'm safe in the knowledge that I wont end up going backwards into a tree! :funny: :funny: :funny:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
If you prefer the GTR then you'll spend the £3500 and regret not buying the GTR, I'm sure. The GTS-T is a great car, though. I prefer its handling characteristics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
this has been the thoughts ive been trying to go through... should i get the gts-t or spend the extra cash and get the gtr... this thread aint helping much tho as it seems pretty evenly split lol the gtr drivers like the gtr and the gts-t drivers like the gtr. i guess the only real way to decide is to drive lots of both cause it seem like it comes down to presonal preference rather than ones better than the other.

ive heard a rumour you can select RWD and 4WD in teh GTR is this true or an urban myth? would be interetsing to know

·
R33 GTR V-Spec
113 Posts
It has stage 1+ mods, PFC, bigger injectors, full exhaust decat downpipes, FPR, etc.
My GTS-T @ 1 bar is EXACTLY the same performance....
Except mine owes me about 6k and his 12k.
Mine is better on the brakes, and RWD so is better....
You can waste your money on a GTR, I wouldn't.
Andy.
If your GTS-t is the same performance then his car is not running right.
Late 32, 33s and 34 GTRs also have far superior brakes to a GTS-t.

A lot of people who go on about the RWD of the GTS-t being better because you can get the arse end out don't seem to understand the 4WD system of a GTR. You can easily get a GTR sideways. The difference is in a GTR you keep your boot in and straighten up and it launches out of the bend, and in a GTS you're too busy feathering the throttle to control the slide to launch out of the corner even nearly as well.

A GTS-t is a good car, but top of the tree is the GTR.

·
Any Danger!!!
1,486 Posts
I loved my GTR dont get me wrong but for me there was something missing, the 4wd system is amazing and lifting off the throttle into a bend at speed and the gtr will go sideways agreed, round a track the gts wouldnt touch a gtr and in that respect they are top of the tree. I personally feel there is more feel from the GTS in terms of driving experience (not just going fast) you have to think alot more driving it and when it does let go they are so controllable in the right environment. Everyone wants different things from their cars and I think everyone one will agree that the skyline GTS, GTT and GTR fulfill most peoples needs hence why they are such excellent cars!!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts