Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a genuine GTR spoiler fitted to my GTT, however due to its weight the internal boot release is unable to lift the boot clear of its catch. I have to resort to unlocking and opening the boot with a key.

The lid is much heavier to lift with the weight of the spoiler and it wants to close very easily (nearly hit my head a few times!).

Has anyone else fitted a GTR spoiler to the GTT and had this problem?

Did you fit different (perhaps GTR specific) boot struts? If so how much did they cost?

Thanks!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you talking about the 34gtr spoiler? If so I wouldnt have thought it should be much heavier.

Do you know if it is an original or a copy?
Yep it's a genuine Nissan R34 GT-R Spoiler, though my GTT was spoilerless from the factory so wonder if the struts were different if no spoiler was specified.

·
Registered
571 Posts
are you sure its not just the boot catch playing up ? over the past week i can only open ours if i lift the boot whilst someone else lifts the catch ! unless i use the key :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are you sure its not just the boot catch playing up ? over the past week i can only open ours if i lift the boot whilst someone else lifts the catch ! unless i use the key :)
That's the same problem I have so I will take a look at the catch too, though this has only started happening since the spoiler was fitted.

My feeling is that the extra weight has pushed the possibly already worn struts to failure.

·
Registered
571 Posts
let us know how you get on... we havent had time to look at ours yet when we do i will let u know ! And as chris has already said i cant imagine a gtr spoiler would be heavier ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.