Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Quick question that I dont seem to be able to find the answer to.

What is the standard boost on an R33 GTR VSPEC ??

Cheers

Mxboy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply... interesting, I thought mine was standard, but the additional boost gauge hits and holds about 0.9 bar by around 5000rpm. I don't have a boost controller, so assuming thats an ECU remap is it ???

T

·
0 Posts
1 bar of boost equates too 14.7 psi. So 0.9 bar is roughly standard. Its no ecu re-map, just a well maintained machine!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Im Runnig At The Mo , On Hi Boost 1bar

Low Boost .8bar Which Is Standard Boost

If I Turn My B-conmtroller Of .5bar

·
Registered
812 Posts
I Was Told You Can Run Safe On 1.2 , 1 , .9 And After Plenty Of Research I Found It Safe To Run At 1bar, I Did Run Mine At 1.4 By Accident And It Was Nice Lol But Wouldnt Recomend It With Out Upgrades

1bar Is Safe Ive Been Running Mine On It For 6 Months With No Dramas

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
It would be a good idea to have a spare set of turbos if you're running higher boost.

That way, if the exhaust blades part company your car won't be off the road for too long (assuming they do the decent thing and exit out of the exhaust).

I'd recommend these:

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71312

:D

·
Registered
812 Posts
It would be a good idea to have a spare set of turbos if you're running higher boost.

That way, if the exhaust blades part company your car won't be off the road for too long (assuming they do the decent thing and exit out of the exhaust).

I'd recommend these:

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71312

:D
I DONT EVEN HAVE TO CHECK THE LINK AS I KNOW WHERE ITS GONA TAKE ME LOL

BUT ALWAYS WORTH HAVING SPARES AS THEY DONT COME AROUNG VERY OFTEN, SHAME THESE DIDNT HAVE STEEL INTERNALS OR I WOULD HAVE PIMP MY MRS OUT FOR THE CASH

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
Yeah, sorry for the thread hijack/spam. :sorry:

You could get these and then have them converted to steelies? :cheers:

Back on-topic I thought standard boost was around 0.8 bar, maximum 'safe' boost 1 bar (although I guess this could be rev dependent).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all

I love the way my thread on what was standard boost ran away to who's got the most boost lol

Anyway, from all this, I think I am right in saying that my GTR running 0.95 to 1 bar boost is running slightly more than standard but still in the safe zone.

Cheers

mxboy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts