Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
if its not jap its scrap
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick one for you guys been a bit since i have been on line :) so my question has anyone paid vrt in the last few months and what way is it now compared to how it use to be with the nct centers now involved :(, my gtr is on English plates and when i put the vrt through it comes up dearer than if the car was brought in from japan can anyone shed a bit of light on this for me as i relay don't want to have to give the government that kind of a lump of money id leave her in dry storage till she is fully classical rather than pay them ****ers that money:Uzi:

·
Registered
113 Posts
it will be 99% that your car came from japan to the uk, so it will be in the jap import class so will be the higher vrt rate

·
if its not jap its scrap
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers gem-32 yea shes coming in at 1500 to clear I worded some of the above wrong mate yea that car was imported to the uk from japan so first place of reg would be japan the car is now on uk plates and they want more to vrt it as its on uk plates makes no seance to me,

·
Registered
181 Posts
I got mine imported into the uk and left it on uk plates for a year as i was between the 2 countries. Still ended up costing around 2k i think to clear it, but that was 4 years ago, and the open market selling price was higher back then. 8 or 9 years is a long time to keep something in storage to wait for the price to come down to 250 euro for a vintage rate, which they will probs change anyway in the meantime.

·
if its not jap its scrap
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers Robert yea im just going to bite the bullet and pay it in the next few weeks been garaged now going on 5 years all ready apart from little spins over the summer months :) I always had other skylines around to drive but now down to one so need me baby on the road for the summer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts