Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
You Cant Touch This
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I picked up a cheap GTS (RB25) last month. Car is over all in good condition. I notice the revs drop and the car can stall when the clutch is down (gets worse when warm) and I was going to give the IAC valve a clean asap. Today however the car has started to Kangaroo as if its not getting any air/fuel? Had to drive it to work not going over 1800k revs.....

Could this be the air flow meter, or the fuel pump, or maybe the plugs?? I had to change a fuel pump on my last GTST but that just went and never started again. Coil pack also went on the GTST so replaced them, but that was at high revs....
Car is very standard bar the panel K&N.
Any suggestions will be appreciated :cheers:

·
Registered
511 Posts
my air flow meter went and it done a similar thing you can test it by checking the voltage at the signal wire but cant rember which one it is sorry . nice looking gts

·
You Cant Touch This
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that :)

I kind of think its a fuel issue (pipe, pump?) now as you can floor it and it pulls hard then when you ease around 2k it sounds and feels like there is a block and nothing happens even with the pedal to the floor?? :swear:

·
New Zealand Area Rep
797 Posts
Try changing your fuel filter, a guy on SDU had this similar issue, tore out his hair trying to find out what it was, replaced heaps of stuff then finally realised it was the fuel filter!

Start at basics first, test your fuel pump voltage, test your AFM, test your coils.

When I did a +T, the coils which went so well when my car was non turbo, suddenly failed, they car would stutter and struggle to rev past 5k. So its a possibility there too. If it is your coils, I can tell you an easy cheap way to fix them like I did, car was boosting to redline in no time!

·
You Cant Touch This
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that info :bigthumb:
Funny enough I changed the fuel filter lastnight.....havnt given the car a good run to see if its helped yet. But fingers crossed the £7 filter might have done it!! lol

Was going to change the plugs soon and check the coil packs, they were going on my last GTST and would miss fire at the higher end of the revs.

·
You Cant Touch This
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car seems all good now with the fuel issue....(£7 fuel filter, get in!!!)

I even gave the AAC a good clean today and it now drops to 800k when I press the clutch and idles at 700k :ylsuper:
Well worth doing.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts