Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to do something with my cam cover as they look crap so was thinking of painting them
i bet alot of people have done this if so what was it like to do and how do they look now after they have been painted for abit ?? does the paint start to come off or dis colour with the heat ? all so does rb26 cam covers fit on the rb25 ? as they look smoother and cooler than my old gts ones :D

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
I believe you can actually fit all 4 parts of the GTR engine cover to be the 25 and 20. I read about it on here somewhere before. I think for the pulley cover on the front, you have to modify the backplate for it slightly. Shame those engines never came with the same style of covers, it looks much cleaner.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
i fell i may be paintiing mine soon ....want to take them off to do a proper job but dont know if its a hassle to get em back on with gaskets etc ....
?

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
what are we talking about here the cam belt cover or the cam shaft (rocker) covers?

if it is the rocker covers they can't be any different to the GTS-T just less parts to remove, so i would say no trouble at all hesh you just need to remove a few bits to get them off, as for gaskets i re-used the original ones, just gave them a goood wipe over them smeared a little oil over them and refitted the covers, just be carefull not to over tighten them when refitting.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
cheers ill look inot doing that tomorow if the weather is nice

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was talking about spraying my gts cam covers but asked if gtr one would fit as i think they look better and it sounds like they do so i may get some and sprsy them be abit differant !
if the front timing cover fits thats a bonus i would just smooth it off and paint it !
i want to try white see what that looks like

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
need to do something with my cam cover as they look crap so was thinking of painting them
i bet alot of people have done this if so what was it like to do and how do they look now after they have been painted for abit ?? does the paint start to come off or dis colour with the heat ? all so does rb26 cam covers fit on the rb25 ? as they look smoother and cooler than my old gts ones :D
pm me mate can get these polished and your other pipes really cheap , doing mine , we have a metal polisher on board now ,

most of our Skylines are all done ,

where you based , it can be done by sending your pipes and cover , polished and returned to you in a week or even a few days

i'll give you my mates web address

·
Registered
962 Posts
Can you PM me the address too please?

..and an idea of cost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts