Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
gts into a gtr shell

right here gose i have just brought a r33 gtr shell and i have a r33 gts and i want to swop all the bits from the gts to the gtr has any one do this befor or have any info that could help me befor i start? :screwy:

·
Registered
298 Posts
right here gose i have just brought a r33 gtr shell and i have a r33 gts and i want to swop all the bits from the gts to the gtr has any one do this befor or have any info that could help me befor i start? :screwy:
The shell is the same appart from the rear arches so everything will bolt straight in.

·
i'm the daddy !!
1,198 Posts
why are you swapping them over ? please don't say that you are going to pretend its a GTR - please no !!

you'll need a set GTR wheels, or GTR fitment as the wheels are wider than the GTS-T aren't they ?

make sure you put GTS badges on it though won't you, as you don't want to be drivivng round in a wannabee.

Andy.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i want to paint my car a different colour and i love the shape of the the gtr and the shell came up at the right price but it still have loads of bits left on it so i dont no weather to strip it right back and start a fresh!
i never have any badges on any of my cars as it just gives the local kids something to screwdriver off lol!! :moony:

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Hehe, there's an interesting thought. If you put an RB26 in a GTS-t, it's still a GTS-t. So if you put a 25 in a GTR, technically it's still a GTR. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hehe, there's an interesting thought. If you put an RB26 in a GTS-t, it's still a GTS-t. So if you put a 25 in a GTR, technically it's still a GTR. :D
yea agreed
if you put a reliant regal engine in a gtr it's still a gtr
so his car will be a gtr but with a few conversions
or otherwise a gtr with an rb30 and upmarket g/box etc etc can't be considerd gtr just because he will be down tuning means nothing ..
it's the shell that denotes the model of the car legally speaking in this case not anything else ... imo

go for it good luck ..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts