Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
am i on my own in thinking why have a gts skyline , but put badges and bits on it that say gtr ????. i love my gts its what it is . i would love a gtr may be in the future. but my gts says gts and im happy. ok its how people spend money on there car its a matter of taste ? sorry if its petty but :confused:agree with spoiler looks good but R badges. etc

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
well i think most of us on here would agree with you

i have a GTR spoiler on my GTS but thats because i like the agressive look of the GTR spoiler not because i wan't my GTS to look like a GTR

·
South East Area Rep
337 Posts
I agree to a point, as i started with a spoiler, but i wanted a different bumper and did'nt want fibreglass, so what are the choices......? Gtr?
When i was offered a genuine plastic gtr v-spec bumper, grille and bumper support, i jumped at it for obvious reasons.
It suits the car but needed rear spats so i got them aswell, it now looks complete to me.
It does'nt look exactly like a gtr, its still a gtst it wears a gtst badge and a gtr badge will never go near it.
But look's wise i think a gtr kit suits the car, it might not be everyones cup of tea, but some fibreglass and various bodykits are'nt mine.
Look at bmw's, it's the same with the M badge on a 3/5 series, most would laugh, but an M3/5 kit on a 3/5 series looks nice.....without the badge of course ;) :)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
my car has a gtr front grille, rear spoiler and interior - I got the car like that and think it really looks good.

I dont want it to be a GTR, it just looks fantastic.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
This does my head in too.....

A gtst is nothing to be ashamed off...... Grow up you chavs who stick your wannabe gtr badge all over you GTST.... Maybe youd be happy with an RS Corsa...

·
Registered
812 Posts
Yeah I agree, GTR bodykit is OK, but GTR badges are just wrong on a GTST! RWD and proud, it takes a fair degree of skill to pilot a RWD car and not end up in a hedge etc.

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
yup i went to the trouble or sorting some nismo end caps to get rid of the gtr signs on my spoiler, its a gtst and proud to be it, its no lesser of a car in my eyes

·
Registered
248 Posts
I agree guys my gtst has a gtr spoiler wich came on it when i brought it (but i would have got one anyway).But my spoiler has gtr printed on one side(which realy gets on my nervs) although it dosnt realy notice i will be having it smoothed of as im not a wannabe i paid good money for my gtst and could have brought a r32 gtr but i wanted a rwd car so i brought mine and i am proud of it.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Agreed. Nothing wrong with the GTS-T. GTS-T for drifting, GTR for racing. Two different cars suiting two different needs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts