Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard would it be to put a GTR engine in a R33 GTS.

Out of curiosity more than anything at the moment.

am I right in thinking GTR engines without ECU's Turbo's etc go for around 2k upwards right?

cheers

aidan

·
ONIT LIKE A CAR BONNET
3,482 Posts
got one in mine speak to Damo at rsp mate he can tell you all you need to know and how much it all costs

prob be cheaper to buy one already done tho mate

·
Seasoned Member
9,196 Posts
in the middle of getting it done, just need one water pipe corrected and its done, you need to get the sump modified and youll need the engine loom, the ecu and engine with everything, then alot of patience to do it right.

in total in sterling your looking at around the 5k mark just to get it done, thats without any modifications done to it too....

deffo cheaper to buy one done and sell yours....

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah ok,

To be honest I am looking for a uni project for next year, would a 2.5 turbo be a cheaper option?

I could seel up and buy a new car but thats not realy a project is it, lol

cheers.

aidan

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im not realy sure yet, few months away from having to make a decision, my 2.0 N/A seams realy slow, so I thought an engine swap might be a good uni project.

Perhaps 300BHP, I dont want to go mad, This would be expensive to get out of a RB20 N/A, lol

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
it seems about the same to buy all the rb20 bits and rb25 bits at the moment,ive been looking around myself,only for a 32.luckily for me someone has come to the rescue with a sweet dealio

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yer, looks like RB25 Turbo might be the way to go, this will drop straight in to a 2 Ltr gte right?

I know I will need the Loom, ECU, etc

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
the engine should bolt in,but you are going to need the rb25det gearbox as well,im not sure if the prop and diff are the same either,and the gts has 4 stud with smaller brakes

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
It's easy !!!

Get an engine of Davew (the gtr shop) when I say engine you need the lot, engine, turbos, cooler, downpipes, all the power steering, alternator pumpms etc!
You will also need the full loom engine, dash & front lights loom and ecu.

once you have all that is just a case of swapping it all over.

You will need to fit yor RB35 sump to the RB26 too.

We did our in the R32 drift car in about 3 days, thats removing the engine from a doner car too. first trun of the key and it fired up too!

If you get stuck feel free to ask me anything. I'd defo go RB26 easy power for not much ££.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts