Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every one im new and dont know anythink about tuning the rb25det or what parts i can use from the gtr or other nissans.
im curruntly on a big budget but want to make 400bhp (ish give or take 20bhp) whats the cheapest way around this?
so far i have:
r34 fmic
3" cat back exhaust
k&n filter
walbro fuel pump.

i cant afford power fc ecu or a bigger turbo at the moment is there any think else you recomend i do?
apart from the above its compltely standed. oh and its not in a skyline any more its in a 200sx s13.
any help will be very much appreciated!!

·
Peppered schlong
860 Posts
Have u transplanted an RB25DET in 2 a beemer then?
You could have ure existing turbo rebuilt n upgraded then u should b able to run more boost, u will need injectors and probably upgraded fuel rail, upgraded fuel pump, and as was mentioned earlier a new ecu or piggy back ecu, turbo elbow, down pipe and a de-cat!!
Will u keep the internals standard? cos u might want 2 think bout cam shafts and forged internals as well!!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i did a rb25det bmw e36 ages ago, im just done a 200sx s13 with a rb25det but i plan to tune this a bit.
i take it i cant get to 400bhp on such a tight budget but what bhp can i get with:
3" downpipe back
k&n filter
r34 fmic
walbro 255lph fuel pump
@ what boost?

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
In your first post you say that you're on a big budget, or have i read it wrong:confused:

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
with those mods you would probs get about 270ish bhp, assuming you have the std turbo still running at 0.8bar

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Bigger Injectors, Z32 AFM, FMIC , Fuel Pump , Steel internal standard turbo or aftermarket tubby, power FC/SAFC, boost controller, splitfire coilpacks, iridium plugs, downpipe, decat and mapping.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
now my mods are:
z32 afm
3" turbo back zorst + decat
apexi air filter
walbro fuel pump
r34 gtr recored fmic

what else will i need?
whats my ecu options?
what size injectors?
what bhp can i run safely with out uprateing any on the main engine bits,not brave enought to change manifolds or cams or headgaskets yet,lol

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
To get the biggest bang for your buck i'd add a power fc or greddy e-manage ecu with a Greddy profec B boost controller to your current mods and get it set up for 0.80 bar and you should end up with about 320bhp.

You might also need a decent set of plugs and coil packs as they often give up with the extra boost and bhp.

If after that you've got more cash you could add some 555cc injectors and a rebuild steel internal turbo and run it at 1.2bar which will make 400bhp but your need a uprated clutch as well.

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Well if you are on a budget i would advise a piggyback system such as the e-manage. The power fc is a standalone management system hence the increase in price, although you will be able to go further mod wise with this.
If you are using the std ecu i dont think the z32 will work without some sort of ecu upgrade.

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Basically, the emanage plugs between your car eng harness and the ecu. This "Hi jacks" the signals coming from the various sensors from the engine, allowing you to alter the information the ecu is recieving, I dont know if its a thing you could fiddle with yourself though, as i think it would need mapping like a standalone does, i could be wrong though. As for where to get one, ebay would be a good start, not sure of the price they go for either. There were 2 types of the emanage afaik the original version which is blue i think and the ultimate/pro which is black this offered a few more functions over the std one although i think both would be suitable for your application.
Like i said before, i dont think a z32 is compatable with a std ecu so if thats the case then an emanage or simmilar will be essential to allow this to work.
I went for a power fc at the time but had considered an emanage pro but i got a power fc for a very good price.
I'm certain someone who is using an emanage will be along to explain a bit better.

·
catch me if u can....
657 Posts
get a r32 ecu and fit an upgraded chip to it as the r33 ecus carnt be chipped and the r32 will plug straight in, then with bigger injectors you run the turbo to a max 12psi n ull get bout 320bhp from a standard engine (rb25det) as mine came 280bhp standard and with a few more mods it runs bout 350 bhp ish.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts