Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this possible?
I have some tiny bubbles showing through on the rear arches again despite having had them done twice in the past 2 yrs.
I think the only thing left to do is cut the rust patches out completely from the arches and filler them OR..
I was wondering whether it might be possible to graft some GTR rear arches on??
I think i saw a GTS-t on here somewhere with GTR rears on?

I'd guess this is pretty major work as the rear wings are part of the whole bodyshell right?

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
new quarter panels would be possible of course but its indeed a major job, quite costly if you need to let a bodyshop perform it
its part of the shell but can be cut off and new quarter panel welded in

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my R32 GTST. I've had mine done and they started bubbling again after a few months. So I sourced some fibreglass R33 GTR rear quarters, and am having them "fitted" (with a lot of cutting and filling and cursing) in the next week or two, bt they should fit up handy nuff on your motor.

Here's where I got mine. The guy is listed under traders on the forum too.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ZIAX-concepts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, thats exactly what i need.
guess it would mean some nasty sized wheel spacers being used until i can afford to replace them for wider rims though.

·
Premium Member
4,911 Posts
If its problem with the panels. We can repair and respray them for u mate ;) check our bodyshop section

If you want to go for the GTR rear quarters, then like already mentioned. it is a big job, as it will involve lots of cutting and re-welding. However you can purchase GTR rear quarter kits and have these blended into your existing quarter panels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts