Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all i was wondering if anyone could help me ive just bought a skyline gts-t i have a rooling road print out for 472bhp. when i got it the other day the exhaust was blowing quite bad from the manifold i drove it to the garage they said they didnt want to touch it, the next day i took it to another garage when i came off the round about i put my foot down in second gear it boosted then borked out, when i popped the bonnet the boost pipe had came off the bottom of the turbo i put it back on and its sounds like its running on 3-4 cylinders. ive got spark on all 6 plugs and the compression is 8 bar on each cylinders.

does anyone have any ideas im so confused,

thanks, matty

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Silly as this sounds, does it sound like you're driving a combine harvester?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah lol any ideas

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Check your manifolds studs aren't snapped mate :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think thats what it could be, but it is deffos running on less cylinders cos its doesnt rev up properly and it wont drive.

·
Registered
610 Posts
half my manifold studs have shredded off, but i still run with about 350 hp, and runs great! 8 bar compression seams a little low, as all mine are 9.5 ish. as for the sounding of 3-4 cylinders firing, check to make sure all your wiring harnesses are plugged in nicely and make sure your injectors are spitting, not oozing. thats wut happened to mine, as oil damaged the injectors

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, thanks for your help i will try the inectors out 2moro hopefully something daft havent even had it on the road yet :(

cheers, matty

·
1st RB20DET S13 in UK
389 Posts
More to the point mate... 472bhp is a hell of a figure for the RB20DET... or does it have the RB25DET conversion?

If its firing ok then id suggest injectors connections/condition as well, as i also just had to replace mine... 1 just died totally, so quite possible.

AFM being dead can also cause huge lean or sometimes rich running on all cylinders, and the engine will be very lumpy... but this can seem like its not running on all 6... but it might actually still be tho.:)

Id start by checking the harnesses of the electrics, and clean contacts... run a diagnostics check, then if there's no errors, id reccomend cleaning the AFM next, and check the TPS setting, and idle switch is operating ok.

Its all in the manual... there's a link about somewhere here.:)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah its the rb25det motor, how do i do a diagnostics check?? im goin down to check the injectors 2moro so will have a go at the diagnositic check aswel.
thanks for the answers, been a great help
matty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts