Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
some questions:
-do i have to trim the fan blades and cut the front bumper to fit the FMIC(those common sizes)?
-does it create more lag? you must take into account that my car will have the gtt r34 turbine which is slightly bigger (and it means more lag)?i heard a lot about this.
-why people say the best upgrade is the arc i/c or gtt i/c.
the car only has exhaust, std cat, turbo elbow, panel air filter and boost controller and i m not planning to run over than 0.85bar.
thank you

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
hi,
some questions:
-do i have to trim the fan blades and cut the front bumper to fit the FMIC(those common sizes)?
-does it create more lag? you must take into account that my car will have the gtt r34 turbine which is slightly bigger (and it means more lag)?i heard a lot about this.
-why people say the best upgrade is the arc i/c or gtt i/c.
the car only has exhaust, std cat, turbo elbow, panel air filter and boost controller and i m not planning to run over than 0.85bar.
thank you
you won't have to trim the fan blades if you go down this route
http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62872

yes fitting a bigger FMIC will create a bit more lag and will also introduce uverfueling

the ARC or GTR or GTT intercoolers have a smaller core so don't need so much air to fill them, where as if you go for the larger intercoolers that support up to 600bhp it takes longer to fill thus creating more lag

·
Registered
610 Posts
i have a HUGE feckin IC on mine. its a nice fleebay one. it works nicely. i didn't have to trim my blades. but if u do have to, its not biggy. just grind bits off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts