Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi

i didnt post this on the GTS vs GTR thread as i didnt wish to threadjump but i couldnt help wondering if a GTS vs GTR day should be a GTS/GTR vs "some other type of car", kinda unite the site type karma ****

i know a whole load of performance vauxhall owners (calibra turbos/nova turbo/corsa/lotus carlton etc) that may be very happy to have a friendly "vs" day somewhere

have a prowl at www.vauxsport.com www.migweb.co.uk www.clubcalibra.net

some of them attended TOTB this tear so they are quite rapid and not too bad on the twisties either

does anyone think thats a good idea?, bad idea?:confused:

discuss!!!:apint:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think the GTR Vs GTS is all about friendly rivalry, most people on here get on regardless what they are driving and have lots of respect for each others cars (well I do at least! lol) Its just a good excuse for a get together, bit of banter and a good time! good karma all round. :dogpile:

·
Registered
12 Posts
There not that rare where I'm at, WA state. I know of 8 legal ones and have seen a bunch from Canada. There are nonfederalized ones around but they don't come out much.

·
London stand up tall
2,440 Posts
That and the fact that any skyline would destroy any vauxhall!!! At least GTS Vs. GTR would be a bit of a challenge!!
corsvaux made a nova with two calibra turbo engines in it think that might cause some trouble... but then again thats the best they can offer, if we gave andy barnes a call im shure we would be laugh'ing all the way home..:cheers:

·
Registered
13 Posts
That and the fact that any skyline would destroy any vauxhall!!! At least GTS Vs. GTR would be a bit of a challenge!!

LMFAO any skyline would destroy and vauxhall :sorry: :sorry: :screwy: :screwy:

bit of open statement aint that ????

i think my friend that you would be very surprised

i dont for one second think that the big power 4x4 skylines will pretty much kill any vauxhall we can bring however to say any skyline will destroy any vauxhall LOL i TOTALLY wasted my mates r32 gts-t (in a astra gte) pulled away from him like he was in reverse :Uzi: :Uzi: :Uzi:

so not all skylines will waste all vauxhalls :uy: :uy:

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
corsvaux made a nova with two calibra turbo engines in it think that might cause some trouble... but then again thats the best they can offer, if we gave andy barnes a call im shure we would be laugh'ing all the way home..:cheers:
Is that the one that got absolutly destroyed by the fensport corolla? :D

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
as i said if mine is ready deff up for it

althou i dont know why i would bother if any skyline can beat it i guess there is no point in going :40oz: :40oz:
It was a joke! Relax! Jesus I'm glad I can't go. If all you vauxhall boys are that serious then there'll be bloodshed!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
It was a joke! Relax! Jesus I'm glad I can't go. If all you vauxhall boys are that serious then there'll be bloodshed!!

lol no blood shed my friend and if i was a joke then i am sorry i did not notice it looked like a serious coment from where i was sitting the kind of blinkered coment you might expect when ppl talk about a fast vauxhall

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Why not do this as well, i was already considering doing a skyline vs 200sx or supra day, but vaux would be fine.

·
Premium Member
12,377 Posts
Iv had the privalage of owning both a skyline and a rapid nova it had 2lt 16v dumped the injection strapped on a set of twin 40s got it bored to 2.1 was skimmed had new cams and a chip was good for bout 210hp
and was great in straight but **** on the twisties engine to heavy for front of car that and the power cracked the 2 A pillars.
I think this would be a great day but all in the name of fun and no hard feelins to the vaux boys :cheers:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I think the GTR Vs GTS is all about friendly rivalry, most people on here get on regardless what they are driving and have lots of respect for each others cars (well I do at least! lol) Its just a good excuse for a get together, bit of banter and a good time! good karma all round. :dogpile:
Couldn't agree more there, Wether it be GTR or GTS were all skyline owners and appreciate each others cars/ style and mods.

·
Premium Member
12,377 Posts
Been speaking to my mate who is a Administrator for the performance (hehe) Vaux Vectra owners club and he is gonna put a post on there site bout a track meet or RR day.
Think this would be quite a good day if we could get a few clubs together.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts