Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know everyone leaves their air filter in the engine bay but i was thinking of using the hole wher the old intercooler pipe was, making it slightly bigger and making a tube so that the air filter will sit inbetween the inner plastic wheel arch and the bumper and making a bracket to fix it there, so it will not be in the engine bay sucking in warm air. it will be about where the old standard intercooler was. has anyone done this? is it a good idea or not, and if not why not? feedback would be appriciated.:dunno:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was thinking about doing the same thing, just make sure you put something there to stop water going in the filter when you drive through puddles!

Should work well though and might be a little bit louder too, don't think it will do alot for performance though as the intercooler should keep everything nice and cold but won't do any harm

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
my only concern would be water getting in and grit off the road coming through the vents in the bumper

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I've had this made up, once the bonnet is closed its sealed in and with the vent in my carbon bonnet it supplies a nice cold air feed plus i often use my head light vent as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts