Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how much power a standard Auto Box in a R33 GTST can handle before it starts complaining and breaking things ? Fancy getting an Auto for a change but if its going to start playing up as soon as i up the power im not going to bother, dont want to go too mad, Stage 1 would do but only if the box can handle it, i have heard anything over standard and they dont like it, anyone had first hand experience of these boxes and what they are like ?
Thanks.

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
i would not want to go above 380,driven an R34 with 395 and it did have slight issues with the box which were not there at stage 1

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I had an Auto running 268 atw on Abbeys dyno. Gearbox lasted about 3 years before issues arose. It had a hard life though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had an Auto running 268 atw on Abbeys dyno. Gearbox lasted about 3 years before issues arose. It had a hard life though.
What were the problems that you got when it started to play up ? I heard that they can burn up clutch packs if pushed too hard, was thinking of putting an uprated valve body in and maybe uprated clutch packs but i dont really want to if not really needed.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
The main issues were the Overdrive not working quite as it should. I used to cruise at 80mph on the motorway and the revs would move up and down a couple of hundred rpm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts