Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok after abit of abuse my clutch has finally started slipping, so..... im after a good clutch, needs to withstand around 500-600bhp as thats what my car will be running next summer but needs to be ok to drive daily, my mates got a twin plate clutch in his gtr and im ok with that evan though most carnt cope, need something resonably priced but capable at holding high power and needs to be semi-easy to use.

any suggestions and guideline prices much appreciated.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Rising sun do great clutches mate.... I bought my 400+ of them and it can withstand what ever i throw at it :D Though ill soon need an upgrade.... :D

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
500-600bhp your gonna need a twin plate, i'm sure there about £1100ish.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just been looking on nengun and found

cusco twin plate £692.73 delivered
ats carbon twin plate clutch £795.71 delivered
exedy hyper compe-r twin plate £624.81 delivered
hks gd pro twin plate rated too 600bhp £671.85 delivered
nismo supper coppermix twin plate rated too 640bhp £703.78 delivered
ocr 709 series twin plate suited to 700bhp £601.12 delivered

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I'd go for the last one as its the highest rated one and cheapest.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
i second what bruce said, i thought clutches were rated by torque and not bhp because thats what destroys them aint it?

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
so what nobody sees it, mine is all nice and purple but never gets seen until i find a glass gearbox, lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had a Nismo G-Max twin plate once & it was good although I think it was basically a re badged Exedy.

I would recommend getting the most common part you can find (most likely the Exedy) so that you have a danger of finding replacement plates for it if you ever need them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts