Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be racing my mate at USC in a couple of weeks. I have gtst with apexi filter, decat and cat back. Also fibreglass boot and sticky toyo's! I'm removing the two stage and fitting a dawes device to about 0.8 bar as the solenoid is not working. I am also reconditioning the packs and fitting NGK iridiums and doing a few little jobs for efficiency, Silkolene proS 10/50 oil change to.

The rx7 is boosting high and just about ready for its engine rebuild by the sounds of it!

In my favour: skylines are great! I'm no skinny boy but my mates a little chubby! So thats the difference in weight sorted out fairly. I've ran at santa pod a few times, he hasn't. He has budgets on the rear.
Last of all in my favour its a rx7 so probably won't make it to the track anyway!!

Anyone going his rx7 is blue my gtst is maroon.

Rate my chance.

Wish me luck!!

·
Registered
684 Posts
I had a 92 FD before my skyline, I did like the way that it handled. A very problematic car though. My friend drove my Rx-7 while I drove the GTR and I must admit that the FD had no chance whatsoever. Good luck and keep up the rep for all of us Skyline owners.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought this was a no brainer!! lol don't put doubt in my mind, you havn't seen the rx yet!

I drove the rx7 from devon to norfolk, there's not much in it. One mate who has drove both cars thinks mine's quicker, another mate thinks the rx7.

bloddy wankel's!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're kidding?? I thought the metallic rose R33's were the quickest of the bunch... oh bugger...
I thought it was common knowledge the maroon variety are much quicker than any other skyline. Its all in the paint, Read faq more often!!

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Ive heard people say them Rx7's are faster than GTST's but ive also heard people say they cant touch it. I suppose it depends on how the RX's engine and turbos are running at the time hehe.

·
Censored
7,453 Posts
rx7's vary so much, however a friend with a rebuilt fd recently would piss on any gtst runing .8bar... they are light and have more power, no brainer really.

However, lots of worn rx7s out there so you never know

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Your missing one of the best power mods in your sate of tune a turbo elbow and down pipe, they give more bhp than cat back exhaust and induction kit.

Plus for the quick blip down the pod i'd run 0.85bar just to give you that quick edge.

·
Premium Member
4,233 Posts
I'm backing for the RX7 myself :) My near standard RX7 with boosting issues ran a 14sec flat at the pod. I've seen many a GTS struggle to match that in your state of tune.

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
i too think your going to get your a55 whooped by the RX7

but a lot also depends on the driver?

·
Registered
834 Posts
ive had both and i must say the rx7 is a fast car ! good job its only up the pod as the rx7 would have to fill up again if it was any longer ! lol there crazy on fuel !

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
My old Rx7 twin turbo would whup a standard gts-t, not mine as it is now though, it would be a good race indeed. :dogpile:

·
4,143 Posts
if its a shagged rx7 with really **** tyres and you hve a strong well setup gtst you will beat him but i hate to say it but most rx7's are quicker than a gtst stock for stock and you need a big bhp gtst to beat a mildly tuned rx7!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts