Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am now incredibly gutted. As posted in another thread, brakes weren't quite right the other day. After a trip to mister fix-it at GTaRt, my suspicions were confirmed. Brake Master Cylinder is gone. Well, not entirely, down to one channel (or whatever its called).

Are there any in the UK? Not that I can find so far. Decided to go for a new one as I don't want a second hand one to find out that it needs replacing again in a few months.

Can't f***ng believe it. Few days off, gorgeous weather, short skirts are out, and my new rims will be back and on the car in 24-48hours, and I can't bloody drive it (well, not very fast).

I am SOoooooo Gutted. Someone cheer me up!

Worst part is, having managed to cadge a place at Castle Coombe.... If I can't find a replacement master cylinder in the next week I'll have to pull out.

Off to get pi**ed and attempt to feel better.

:(

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Jock

If it makes you feel any better , I have a suspected craked head on the R33:(

.. but at least i am still driving it until its proven to be that..:D

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Applejack...

Ouch!

DOes make me feel a tad better! Don't blame you for still driving it, I would. After all, if its gone, its gone, so you might as well kill it completely!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Gutted mate....

Go out and drink-a-plenty!! :40oz:

I know how you feel, I have to drive home tonight in "the loaner" as my car is having a new MOT and it isnt quite ready...

BTW, the loaner is a 1992 Mazda 323f thing.... nice! :rolleyes:

Not quite the same, but when you have only had the car 3 days, you want to be driving it all the time!!!!! :D :D :D

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Bummer!

Stew,
Have you tried all the avenues?. RK Tuning and such like?.
Might not make you feel better, but went to a local Enthusiast car meeting today the first time in over 12 months. Went to look at what else was there only for my son to tell me that he thought someone was trying to get in my(well my brothers) Skyline. Charged round to see what was happening, and some other people round the car said that a couple of kids were trying to prise the door open to "see what it was like inside"!!!!. I went absolutely mental they had partly damaged the rubber trim around the door and buggered the central locking. If I had found them I am sure I would have done time for what I would have done to them. And this was supposed to be a Car lovers get together!!!!!!!!!!!! Bastards.

Paul :mad:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paul,

That sucks mate. Not a good day for skylines methinks after tigger's 'volvo incident' as well!

Have spoken to RK, Ron's got a second hand one but thinks he may need it for a car he just brought over. Not found another one anywhere until a certain webmaster PM's me and seems to have saved my bacon (and my car!). Shall see how it goes!

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Crap!

Stew,
Lets hope a new one turns up to enable you to get to Castle coombe. I have to admit That when one thing or another go's tits up you can easily get dis-hartened!.

Paul:(

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Don't beleive it!

Just gone to try to lock the car up(can't because of central locking) and I can't lock the steering column. the Steering wheel just turns round and round without locking with the key out!!!Bastard, bastard!!!. Now I am really mad. what a night this has turned out!!!!!!!. Will have to leave the car on the drive all night unlocked and no locked ssteering, I might just as well leave the F$*£ing keys in!!!!!

Paul:mad:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Paul,

That really sucks mate. If you find out who did it, let me know and we'll get it taken care of ;)

Discovered that the saviour of my brakes isn't as imminent as I believed, wrong cylinder so back to square one.

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Nightmare...:( ....i'll do a bit of searchin for you mate never know something might turn up, only places i can think of, off hand are in japan and australia.

One is http://www.rinkya.com/ which is a third party servoce for buying from yahoo japan auctions.

The other is http://www.japimports.com.au/ and i've exchanged emails a few times with the fella that runs this site as hes always said if theres anything you need just email me..:cool:

Hope thats of some use.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers

mate!

Have rung everyone here I can think of, and discovered a new avenue! Apparently as my car has ABS its the same master cylinder as the GTR has, and also one off an R33 will fit (if it had ABS), so I have emailed Dirk Diggler about the one he is breaking, and another guy who is selling bits off an R33 as well, so shall see what happens.

Would feel better buying a new one, but I'm skint this month, and have to bear in mind the cost of fitting, bleeding and fluid, so in the interests of getting on the road again soon I think second hand will do.

Might just whack the complete Front Brake system from an R33 on if it will fit and have done with it!

·
Registered
952 Posts
three's you say?

my problems never stop. if it aint the engine its someone hitting me up the :booty:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts