Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
manual convert
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the day after putting my car on the rollers, my gearbox started playing up would,nt change to 2nd when cold. after around a mile she,d be fine, you,d never realise there was a problem. still very capable of handling the power. i,d hoped it was just the valve body, which i would of changed before the sale of the car. but after draining the oil, we found brass filing. this meaning a complete overhaul of the box + possible new clutch packs etc etc (this might happen yet) so i decided as there was no interest in buying a 420hp automatic i,d .................................................................................................

go manual :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

still can,t believe i,ve done this but damn, it,s like a different car. but i do miss the auto big time. not sure which clutch i,ve got (paddle i think) but it,s like on/off. no slipping it. i,ve not used it much (twice) but i think i,ll like it :dunno:
so when it,s a little warmer in the shed i,ll strip the auto and find the fault and fix it !!!

i,d like to thank mark (gtsmithy) & mandy for the taxi ride, i owe ya mate.
and thanks to garage-d julien & walt for a great job and service.

ps. think i need a new username now.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
so its now been converted to manual? whats involved? been a supra boy i now there is alot involved, is the skyline the same or is a simple swap plus a clutch pedal?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts