Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i'm 37 from lincolnshire

i used to be a member here a couple of years ago but did a silly thing and sold my skyline for a 400hp 300zx but it's not as much fun or as practical lol
so i'm looking for another just cant decide which one lol i really like the r34.

but we'll wait and see

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hi Billy and welcome back :)

Personally im looking at going from the Skyline to a Zed, but a 350z for me ;)

I know wheres theres a nice 400+bhp R34 GTT for sale ;) Good luck with your search anyway mate :cheers:

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
Hello mate. I have not long joined and also have a 400BHP 300ZX. I have just bought a GTs N/A and cant wait to pick it up next week. I am keeping the 300 aswell. Good luck on your search. I am thinking about getting a R34 N/A later on and giving my R33 to my boy who is just coming on 21. I have found a site that does exceptionally nice cars from £7000. Once you start looking at the twined and single tub'd then you are looking at serious money 20 - 50 Grand.

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
Hi Billy and welcome back :)

Personally im looking at going from the Skyline to a Zed, but a 350z for me ;)

I know wheres theres a nice 400+bhp R34 GTT for sale ;) Good luck with your search anyway mate :cheers:
I love the 350Z. I know it isnt as powerful as the Z32 TT but what a looker? The 350GT Skyline is what the 350Z was based on wasnt it? I like the GT but TBH it looks a bit like a Lexus or even a Merc from the front so it put me off a bit.

What colour 350Z you thinking about. The orange is popular but I do love that colour.

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
hi billy welcome back again, also got a guy selling a r34 2000 model gtst if it helps you any

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I love the 350Z. I know it isnt as powerful as the Z32 TT but what a looker? The 350GT Skyline is what the 350Z was based on wasnt it? I like the GT but TBH it looks a bit like a Lexus or even a Merc from the front so it put me off a bit.
I believe the 350GT is based on the 350z chassis and engine, although dont quote me on it. I know what you mean about the looks. Perosnally i dont think the 350GT is a bad looking car in its own right, especially with a subtle kit and some deep rims, and is very luxurious. Just seems like a cash in on a brand name having a Skyline badge on the back, when the car in my opinion doesnt really need to, as its good on its own merits. Just my opinion though, so hope the 350GT owners here dont wanna hunt me down :funny:

What colour 350Z you thinking about. The orange is popular but I do love that colour.
Have my sights set on a Gun Metal GT or ST spec with NISMO kit, charcoal leather interior and some nice deep dish rims :drool: Hopefully will sell mine soon as im gagging to move on now ive made the decision :D

Sorry for the hijack Billy and good luck finding the right Skyline for you :bigthumb:

·
Registered
143 Posts
hey just thought id come along and say good luck getting a skyline iv just picked mine up and am loving ever second of it

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Welcome back to the forum billy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the replies
vinnieboy hi mate i had a r33 gt n/a too was a great car loved every min cant decide whether to keep the 300zx too lol love the car but just dont excite me anymore lol may just keep it and up the power some more lol

you got any pics of your zx?

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
thanks for all the replies
vinnieboy hi mate i had a r33 gt n/a too was a great car loved every min cant decide whether to keep the 300zx too lol love the car but just dont excite me anymore lol may just keep it and up the power some more lol

you got any pics of your zx?
Hi Billy. All I can say is if you dont need to sell the 300 then what a great idea to try and get more power out of it. If I had the bottle I might have even thought the same way bud. But I like the air con, ABS, Hicas and all the other comfortable things. It goes well though and once I have the skyline on the road it will give me more time to finish the mods I am doing (mostly appearance mods and a retrim of the interior). Pictures? yes mate I will post a few on here for you. Hope you like it.;)

THIS WAS IT IN 2005:

AND IN 2006:

AND HOW IT LOOKS NOW:

I still want to enclose the exhausts and find the right front bumper to finish it off? Maybe the '99 spec front?

Vini

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
very nice mate mine is standard to look at apart from the 18's

but it goes well and i like to drive it but when i had the skyline it just did something for me lol but i'm on to a winner as the future wife love the zx so i might keep both lol does yours go through front tyres quickly??

i've road tested a couple of 350z and wasnt that impresed i guess if the gt350 is the same motor i wont be impressed either??

Attachments

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
very nice mate mine is standard to look at apart from the 18's

but it goes well and i like to drive it but when i had the skyline it just did something for me lol but i'm on to a winner as the future wife love the zx so i might keep both lol does yours go through front tyres quickly??

i've road tested a couple of 350z and wasnt that impresed i guess if the gt350 is the same motor i wont be impressed either??
I like them rims Billy. The car looks nice. Loads of scope for a custom track car is it Auto or Manual? Sorry if you already said. I am always thinking of getting shot of the 300 even asked on here for a swap. But i got sorted and so decided to keep it. best of both and it aint being greedy I have a motorbike aswell. But I have put so much into it I couldnt replace it if I hunted the world. It has been fashioned to my tastes and I have done all the work myself. So as a mate of mine said. It has a lot of me in it. More than the wife these days anyway.:nutkick: :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
thanks mate the rims are nice but tyres are expensive lol. mines the same they dont fetch much now do they and i like it just enjoyed the skyline better, its an auto which is the only thing i' m not keen on really i used to have a bike too until i broke most of my bones on it lol

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
thanks mate the rims are nice but tyres are expensive lol. mines the same they dont fetch much now do they and i like it just enjoyed the skyline better, its an auto which is the only thing i' m not keen on really i used to have a bike too until i broke most of my bones on it lol..............
..............Or rather OFF it. LOL. :sorry: :40oz: it had to be done.

Good luck with the search for a Skyline. If you cant find one that suites on here I know an Impoter that will PX the 300 for you, he had 3 GTS-T R33's 1 black and two wine I got my 300zx from him and he's spot on. all about the 5K mark. I almost went for it but as I said I want to keep the 300 for now.

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
thanks mate whats the importer have they got a web site?
No he dont do the internet thing anymore. I dont want to tread on any toes by posting him up on here but I will PM you He isnt only an Importer He has very good facilities for servicing and a spray shop. Where are you located?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts